An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you want your religious name to be?

zabbazooey

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:24 AM']Do you know what you're going to change your phatmass sn to when you become a nun? :)
[right][snapback]683235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It ought to be PresentNunJMJ :)

[quote name='DesiringMore' date='Aug 12 2005, 06:40 PM']Sr. Mary John
Sr. John Mary
Sr. John Marie Cecilia
Sr. Mary Job

I was just praying about the religious name the Lord desires more than what i desire;  it has not come to me in the silence nor the noise as of yet.  But i desire so much for a name that fits me inside and out.
[right][snapback]683585[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
There is a PCPA who's name is Sr. Marie St. John of the Obedient Heart of Mary. Beautiful! I love the name John for a religious :)

[color=purple][b][font="Geneva"]I have always wanted my religious name to be Sister Sixtina!!!! I just like the name and how it sounds, but I think I want to add Maria into that name, So i guess Sr. maria Sixtina!!!!!!!!!! [/color][/b][/font]

Edited by Sixtina87

No, Sixtina is not a saint!!!!!!! But if you did a google search you may find something. All i know Sixtina isa grils version of Sixtus. the name came from the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George. Mother Sixtina, started their mission in Brazil and later died of cancer, I think!!!!!!

[quote name='Christie_M' date='Aug 18 2005, 02:38 PM'][color=orange]I think I like the name Sr. Agnes. She's one of my favorite Saints![/color] ^_^
[right][snapback]689127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i have a teacher named Sr. Agnes!!!!! She is one of the most quietest Sisters I have ever met. She is an FSGM Sister!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Aug 18 2005, 01:35 PM']No, Sixtina is not a saint!!!!!!! But if you did a google search you may find something. All i know Sixtina isa grils version of Sixtus. the name came from the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George. Mother Sixtina, started their mission in Brazil and later died of cancer, I think!!!!!!
[right][snapback]689122[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
They recently had a Sister Sixtina, but she left in the novitiate. She was my Sister pew partner on a vocations retreat I went to in 2001.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Aug 20 2005, 12:56 AM']They recently had a Sister Sixtina, but she left in the novitiate. She was my Sister pew partner on a vocations retreat I went to in 2001.
[right][snapback]691387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL you have to know how great that is to know that you also knew her!!!! Yes I was aware of the Sister Sixtina in their community who left before her 2nd noviciate!!!!!!! of course I was incontact with her during that yr before she left!!!! Her real name is Samantha!!!!!! And she is doing fine... last time i talked to her on the phone!!!!!!! She has or had a boyfriend and she has a job, a dog or 2 and a home. She wants me to come see her sometime where she lives!!!!!!!!!! She is still awesome as she was when i first met her and she will always be my "big sister" and I her "little Sister" But she doesnt go to church or practice being Catholic but I lover her anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, at least you got to see her longer than i did!!!! I only saw her for an hour and a half!!!!!!!! ;)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:24 AM']Do you know what you're going to change your phatmass sn to when you become a nun? :)
[right][snapback]683235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Haven't a clue, lol

Any ideas?

Oh and another possibilty is Sister Mary Anthony of the Nativity :)

AlterDominicus

Well...for my solemn professed I want the name Sister Josepha MaterEucharistiae

Aka: Just call me Sister Jo!

I have no idea, how I came about that name, I was starting a story called Veritas Means Truth and I needed to come up with names, and I was reading the SMME Newsletter and I happened to come up with Josepha since I like that name a lot, and I guess I chemist it into one name [i]Josepha MaterEucharistiae[/i]. and as a Novice I would like Sister Maria Amata, but Sister Mary Catharine might kill me for that!!! Or at least, um..."make me kiss the floor after having a disagreement" (Sound of Music quote) :drool: :D:

• 1 year later...
HeavenlyCalling

Sorry to bring back a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dead post, but I accually thought a lot about this, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to think of what name I wanted, but I guess I am not. For names my favs are
1. Sr. Gabrial Lawrence
2. Sr. Maria Guadalupe
3. Sr. Brigid Marie
4. Sr. Mary Dismas

Titles, I thought of a ton!
1. of the Holy Innocents
2. of the Wounded Christ
3. of the precious blood
4. of the Sacred Wounds (I have a big devotion to the injured Christ)
5. of Christ Crusufied (I have a big devotion to the injured Christ)
6. of the Holy face
Sr. Gabriel Lawrence of the Holy Innocents struck me very hard, for some reason. Gabriel was the one who delievered the tidings of Our Lords birth to Our Lady, St. Lawrence was an early mayrt, the title has a bit ofstory to it. I come from a large family where life is respected and valued, so the slaughter of the Holy Innocents, not once but twice in the Bible always made me very sad. Looking around the world though, I realized that via abortion, the Sluaghter is still going on.

The story of St. Dismas (the good theif) always makes me cry (which can be very embarassing at times), and I thought that maybe there would be a reason for that, like God was telling me something.

My favorite combo is (drumroll!)
[size=7][color="#FF0000"]Sr. Maria Guadalupe of Christ Crusified.[/color][/size]

AlterDominicus

I've been thinking, I made a joke to another phatmasser because my cat isnt doing so well, and there has been a Franciscan/Dominican thing, so I joked:

You know I think my professed name should be, Sister Dominique Francisca