An Old School Catholic Message Board

Salesians

zunshynn

Has anyone looked into any Salesians? I really love St. Francis de Sales... My confessor is an oblate of St. Francis de Sales... and I really like them... but I don't know of any communities. I'm kind of shy about asking him.

daugher-of-Mary

I know one Salesian Father who is absolutely WONDERFUL. Holy, humble, and a good sense of humor! :lol: If you like, I can PM you his address...he would be delighted, I'm sure, to tell you about the Salesian Sisters.

Here are the websites for the Salesian Sisters of St. John Bosco:

[url="http://www.salesiansisterseast.org"]www.SalesianSistersEast.org[/url]

[url="http://www.salesiansisterswest.org"]www.SalesianSistersWest.org[/url]

I hope this helps.....I'm going to look for more communities for ya!!!

<3 Zab

[url="http://www.belknapdigital.com/rl.directory.sal.html"]HERE[/url] is a link to a page with 6 different community websites on it.

Oblate Sisters of St. Francis de Sales
399 Childs Road
Childs MD 21916

1 410 398 3699

also for cloistered there are the Visitation Sisters founded by St. Francis and St. Jane de Chantal. There are two federations the difference being one wears the traditional habit the other doesn't.

One of the monasteries is in Frederick MD they run a boarding school.

Another great site just to pick up some "salesian spirituality" would be
oblates.org

Edited by ofpheritup

Muchos gracias!

The Oblates Sisters of St. Francis de Sales was really the kind of thing I was looking for. I had found the salesianswest.com one, but I hadn't found the list. Thanks so much! You guys are great!

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jul 26 2005, 01:11 PM']Muchos gracias!

The Oblates Sisters of St. Francis de Sales was really the kind of thing I was looking for. I had found the salesianswest.com one, but I hadn't found the list. [right][snapback]659744[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

put a search in for oblate sisters of st. francis de sales on the Internet they have a website.

FutureSoror

St. Margaret Mary is my confirmation saint, and she's a Visitation (Salesian) nun. I've never looked at modern-day Visitation sisters, though. I know the Institute of Christ the King's sisters follow the rule of St. Francis de Sales, so they are Visitation sisters too!

FutureSoror

Here's a link to them: [url="http://www.institute-christ-king.org/AdorersRoyalHeart.htm"]Adorers of the Royal Heart[/url]

In France!

I know they are expecting many new postulants this fall-- one of them goes to my church!

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 26 2005, 03:33 PM']St. Margaret Mary is my confirmation saint, and she's a Visitation (Salesian) nun.  I've never looked at modern-day Visitation sisters, though.  I know the Institute of Christ the King's sisters follow the rule of St. Francis de Sales, so they are Visitation sisters too!
[right][snapback]660030[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Salesian sisters are active. Visitation sisters are cloistered. I asked about this myself. I know a Visitation nun in Maryland. And she explained the difference.

FutureSoror

Ohhh, thank-you, I didn't know that! I thought I'd heard the Institute's sisters refered to as 'Visitation', so I assumed there was no difference. I must have been mistaken, though!

I just thought about the irony of "visitation" nuns being cloistered... lol... when they don't visit anything. lol... ok Jen, you're too easily amused.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:15 PM']Ohhh, thank-you, I didn't know that!  I thought I'd heard the Institute's sisters refered to as 'Visitation', so I assumed there was no difference.  I must have been mistaken, though!
[right][snapback]660084[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:idontknow: It may be different in France. I know in America there has been some confusion... WHATEVER I think the spirituality is great.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 27 2005, 09:56 AM']Here's a link to them: [url="http://www.institute-christ-king.org/AdorersRoyalHeart.htm"]Adorers of the Royal Heart[/url]

In France!

I know they are expecting many new postulants this fall-- one of them goes to my church!
[right][snapback]660058[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you sure they are in France? Avemarisstella was looking at them...I thought they were in Italy but spoke French?

Lol..........I'm probably wrong, but its what I had thought........... :topsy: