An Old School Catholic Message Board

vocation crisis

theculturewarrior

mariology21

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:42 PM']I have no idea what I want out of life.  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]661986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've found that when I feel like this....I have to go to Adoration and ask GOD what HE wants out of my life.

And usually what He wants.....is a wonderful surprise!!!

I have a good friend who when I go to him and "complain" that I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing always says: "Where you are right. THAT'S what you're supposed to be doing. When God says it's time for something different, He'll let you know."

Remember, God knows what you want out of life, even if you don't. He'll make sure you get the bestest out of it!!

~Jen

Like mariology said, go to Eucharistic Adoration and ask Jesus. That's what I would suggest as well.

yeah thats what i would say too when you are asking yourslef what do I want out of life that inh fact is the wonrg question you need to ask what do YOU (God) want out of my life. tee hee yeah god bless and Mary keep... a good spiritual director always helps too

theculturewarrior

God wants what I want, because I want what He wants. I just need to discern. God usually springs stuff on me. I didn't know that I liked working in a library until through mere "chance," it would seem, I got a job at one. I didn't know I wanted to be a librarian until I was transfered into the department I'm in now.

I'm guessing God is going to spring some more stuff on me. I expect myself to wake up one day and find that I have married and have twelve kids. Or I'll wake up and find that I am a priest on a mission trip to Mongolia. That's the kind of stuff that happens when I ask God for discernment. :unsure:

All For Jesus

I agree, spending time with our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament is key in discerning what God wants us to do in life. If we don't spend time with Him, how can we know what He wants of us? We have to remember to remain patient- God will tell us what He wants us to do in His own perfect timing.- Thought, sometimes, it is very hard to wait.

ForHimAlone

Do you have a Spiritual Director? If not, you may consider trying to find a good priest to meet with for spiritual direction. Having a spiritual director is such a blessing, and he will help you every step of the way to finding out what God wants of you.

let_go_let_God

Adoration and a spiritual director are great, but what about looking into options that God might have brought you to before?

God bless-
LGLG

FutureSoror

I found an awesome prayer last night for trust in God's Providence. :D:

My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this,
You will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for You are ever with me,
and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.

-Thomas Merton