An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Scares You The Most?

BlueRose

IcePrincessKRS

Hell-fire. Honestly that is the one thing that scares me the most.

In a purely not-related-to-our-eternal-souls-type of fear I'd say I'm "afraid" of snakes and spiders if I don't know what kind they are because poisonous critters creep me out.

well my first earthly things are spiders, heights, NEEDLES!, and confession!...then my not so eartly fears are HOW I"m going to die...I'm not scared to die, I'm just scared of HOW I'm going to die....I'm also scared that what if there isn't a heaven...but that's all part of Faith. But the thing that scares me the most is having unrequited love. Ya know, not returned...well it's more like NOT finding my true soul mate...or finding them too late to have kids...b/c I want 10 kids...well I did until someone visited me this morning....& I was in screaming pain...but how about adopting 10-12 kids...!!!amesome huh??

I'm afraid that I might lose sight of what's important in my life. Sounds dumb, but I have a long history of doing that, so I'm always so very afraid that it might happen again.

GodsThespianChic

Umm, I would have to say, snakes...and being abandoned and alone when I most need others there...and a mental institution...

Man oh man, one of my worst fears being put in a mental institution, when I went to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens and they had the "Escape from Insanity", which was a really messed up institution type situation...I was so scared! I was hyperventilating and my heart was racing...and I almost passed out..so yeah, that's definately one of my biggest fears!

My biggest fear?

I used to say "fear of being alone" and although that's a scary thought (even knowing I'll always have God), that doesn't quite hit it.

Spiders? Close, but not the scariest.

And it's not even that there might not be a heaven, or the thought of eternity being forever and ever and ever and ever and...

My biggest fear is: Betrayal. Honestly, sometimes it scares me that someone else is going to betray me. Of all the other things I'm scared of, they are things that I can either control (spiders) or trust God about. But free will allows people to do good AND bad.

So now you know what scares me the most. Actually, there are other things that are SCARIER to me, but the thing that scares me the MOST OFTEN is the fear of betrayal...

TempleofVesarius

people who pretend to be someone they're not

ohhhh yeah....and spongebob...he freaks me out

oh yea, another thing that scares me, is clowns. Not the little porceilen (sp?) clowns but the real ones. About 2 years ago I was in the French Quarters of New Orleans, on a band trip for school (we were just visiting that area for one day b/c it would be cool to see all that but we had boundaries & chaperones that would stand on the boundaries wating for us to defy them!!) and I wasn't even 20 feet into the Quarters when a clown starts walking my way, well my b/f at the time was joking & he left me standing there scared as carp, & I just started crying & shaking & I couldn't move...it was sooooo scary, then he runs over to me, thinking I wasn't for real & he totally pciks me up & carries me to another block & calsm me down....yea I HATE clowns~!

GodsThespianChic

Yeah, clowns are very very scary. Just how they can be smiling, but their makeup is crying...it's just not right!! And the betrayal thing that BR mentioned is true too.

Hey, Spongebob is cool!!!

GodsThespianChic

Yeah, but so am I. OOOooooh...I got another one...

Alien "Christian" churchs saying "Overtaking, Overthrowing, Recovering All"!!!

that doesn't really scare me, I'm just curious as to what they are...like are they really aliens...?? that'd be weird...!!

HiddenVoice

Absolutely nothing frightens me anymore. I've been through enough scary stuff in my life and studied enough scarier stuff. However, those Teletubbies still give me the creeps. especially that La-La guy. yeah. He's then next Hitler.

Voice