An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Scares You The Most?

BlueRose

Caterpillars. Definitely caterpillars. But not just those normal orange or brightly colored ones. I'm talking about those ugly dark green/brown ones those flood these parts every two/three years in the spring. Sometimes I can walking outside and see literally thousands of them on buildings and in trees and everywhere. They can fall out of the tree onto you--it's just sooo gross. And you won't even know if they're on you. That is until you sit in a chair and squish the guts out of the one that was on your back. Ewwww.

Justine

littleflower+JMJ

i'm with Ice! i'm afraid,Trembling, of the ETERNAL BBQ!!

you know what i mean? THAT is THE place where there is NO LIGHT, NO GOD, AND MOST IMPORTANT..NO LOVE!! and that, my friends is the DEFINITION of scary!!

as for other stuff, its dying without the sacraments of confession, recieving the eucharist and annointing of the sick before i take my last breath...i want to be ready to meet God, but unfortunatly, thats why its important to stay "right' with God, you never know when His going to call you and you must be ready....i always pray for a happy, peaceful death and that all the saints and angels and the BLessed Mother and the HOly Family to be by myside through my last hour.....that would be soo sweet!

my sister have two friends who were driving and going to houston like 2 years ago for a wedding and the dance and they crashed into a brick wall and died instantly....they were like 20 and 21, it was horrible but you have to think about it..if that was you would you have been ready to face God and your final judgement? always always go to confession, mass, and recieve the eucharist, we all must be ready to go before God, and we cannot do that without the sacraments....i've lost so many ppl in my life, average age...under 24, and i KNOW that this is the only chance we got. so we can't mess it up....

God bLEss!

+JMJ

ps.and ROACHES! I hate roaches!!

i'm with Ice! i'm afraid,Trembling, of the ETERNAL BBQ!!

I read that line and was like, "What? I love BBQ! BBQ chicken, BBQ ribs.... How is she scared of..." - and then i read the next line and inturrupted my thoughts with - "Oh."

Hehe... :) Yeah, that is pretty scary stuff.....

Jess you're dumb, J/k I love you though! Well Adam, welcome welcome, I too am scared of my mom dying.....I'm more scared of my best friends dying...or moving away. That thought just makes me all teary eyed! I couldn't live with out BR & GTC & HiddenVoice...(or you nippy & qamidalash!)..definatly oculdn't live with out others like Jasjis either!

• 2 weeks later...
TempleofVesarius

ok....has anyone ever taken a shortcut walking thru a cornfield....

well...you tend to lose your sense of direction....and it can get pretty freaky...specially if its at night and there are no lights in the sky or anyhing to guide you in one continuous direction. I spent the scarriest night of my life the other day less than 300 yards from MY HOUSE in a cornfield. When the flashlight batteries start to flicker, and you can hear something(prolly deer, but you dont KNOW that for a fact) walking thru the corn not too far away from you position...its one of those things that should only happen in nightmares.

The other thing that scares me is eternity. When I think about how long eternity is I get REALLY scared. It's like while we're living we go day-by-day or week-by-week. We have calendars and things to look forward to. It's always like, "2 weeks till my birthday" or "3 months till Christmas" and all these benchmarks in our life go by. But when all of this is over we'll have ETERNITY. The thought of being anywhere forever is scary--it's even worse if I'm in hell.

It can't be healthy to scare myself like this.

Edited by nippy316

BarefootRocker

ok....has anyone ever taken a shortcut walking thru a cornfield....

whenever i'm near a cornfield now, i think of the movie 'signs.' and they are on of the scariest places around, especially at night.

my biggest fear, though, is being truly utterly alone. i'm not talking in a room by myself, or not in a relationship or whatever. being separated from everyone, even God. forever.... which i suppose is hell.

gopherball33

don't wanna sound like a broken record, but i am scared of hell also. i mean, if u r there, u r royally screwed. there is no getting out. i am also scared of a painful death, such as being burned alive.

littleflower+JMJ

im' so glad i'm not the only one scared of the eternal BBQ as i am!

lol......makes ya think though huh? :unsure:

Ya know, I'd have to say hellfire too -- not just for me but for my loved ones. Eternity is a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time, and I don't want any of my family or friends lost! But that's not the only thing I'm scared of. I'm scared of hurting others. I'm scared of having an accident that deprives me of a limb, my sight, or my mental capacity. I'm scared of drunk drivers. And that's about it.

I'm scared of.....I don't know, too many things to count (once I think about it, I'm scared of too many things! What a sissy! :( )

Anyway, I am TERRIFIED of sharks, sting rays and barracudas (these scary carnivore fish who will snap at anything that glitters)....it doesn't help much that we live in Miami, and in these beaches there's all three of them :( ! We go to the beach once in a while, and after reading about shark and barracuda attacks and deadly sting rays in the MIAMI HERALD I'm scared to death! It doesn't help much that my brother saw a nurse shark when we were diving a couple of months ago....(I never saw anyone swim that fast to the boat! :lol: )

here's a link to a Phobia List.

My favorites are Ablutophobia-(Fear of washing or bathing :huh: ), Agyrophobia (Fear of streets or crossing the street :blink: ) and Triskaidekaphobia (Fear of the number 13 <_< )

Certainly none of us have Uranophobia or Ouranophobia ....Fear of heaven :lol: !!

Which are your favorites??

Phear. I mean fear. Hmm...

Aside from eternal separation from God, which is a given, I'd have to go with bees and wasps. From a distance, they are okay, I suppose. Behind a glass observatory, they are okay. Near me, I sort of go crazy and nuts.

• 17 years later...