An Old School Catholic Message Board

I sinned!

the_rev

[quote name='urbo42' date='Aug 13 2005, 06:21 PM']I cannot believe that you would consider looking into the Jesuits a sin.  Some of the greatest spiritual directors I have met are Jesuits.
[right][snapback]684321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It was a joke.

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='urbo42' date='Aug 13 2005, 04:21 PM']I cannot believe that you would consider looking into the Jesuits a sin.  Some of the greatest spiritual directors I have met are Jesuits.
[right][snapback]684321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Now THAT's funny!
:rolling: :lol_above: :lol_pound: :hehe: :lol:

Laudate_Dominum

For some reason most of the Jesuits I've met in my life have been solid. I've heard plenty of crazy things and I can name some infamous Jesuits, but the one's I've actually met in real life were good priests.

Although I'd have to agree with Laudete_Dominum in regard to the individual Jesuits I've met, as an order, the US Jesuits have a... lackluster reputation. Which is sad, because the Jesuits have an absolutely flippin' sweet spirituality.

The Jesuits I know are fabulous. They are willing to answer my never-ending questions, and never discourage me from wanting to keep asking. That's unusual. I live very close to the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, and have Jesuits, Franciscans, Dominicans just a phone call away! :thumbsup: