An Old School Catholic Message Board

I sinned!

the_rev

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:46 PM']:bigshock:
I asked the Jesuits to send me information about their order!

:P:bow:  :boink:
[right][snapback]664139[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL

I'm disappointed that they have a *liberal* reputation, but not all Jesuits are like that. If I became one, I would try to change the Order for the better.

That may be a good thing- getting info. It will give you an idea of where the Order is headed at the moment.

a friend and i were watching the film EWTN had on the other day about Ignatius of Loyola. and I said to myself, "boy, how far they have come"...

Eddie,

The Jesuits are getting way better. Google the bios of the novitiate. One of the guys fromt he youth group I worked with entered the St. louis province right out of high school in 2003. I know of a few from Steubenville who have entered recently, too, so don't knock them before you get to know them.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I've met some pretty good Jesuits... I think my concerns with one Mass held that I shared with my spiritual director was shared with the Jesuit Priest celebrating and the next Mass he did was awesome. Either that or it was the fact that his family was there (Including his mom) :D

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jul 29 2005, 02:48 PM']LOL

I'm disappointed that they have a *liberal* reputation, but not all Jesuits are like that.  If I became one, I would try to change the Order for the better.
[right][snapback]664146[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YUP. In every community you will have "an interesting mix of people." I read an article about a Sister in charge of one community who is? Liberal is a tame word to describe her. I don't imagine that every nun in the monastery feels the same way.

I like your last line. St. Theresa of Avila did it for the Carmelite Order.

I know a couple of GREAT Jesuits personally. I have heard a saying that I totally agree with: Jesuits can be the best priests you've ever met. But if they're not great, they're usually pretty... not-good.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

i think I sinned too then.

Only my Parish Priest encouraged me to do it.

I know several good jesuits personally too. and let's not forget the Fr. Mitch Pacwa is a jesuit, and I don't think we can call him a liberal.
saying that the jesuits are all bad is like saying and entire dioces is bad because of a couple of priest.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' date='Aug 3 2005, 12:07 PM'] Fr. Mitch Pacwa is a jesuit, and I don't think we can call him a liberal.
[right][snapback]669965[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, he's one of the good Jesuits I know personally, and he's a wonderful example of orthodox Catholicism!

EcceNovaFacioOmni

One of the cool things about the Jesuits is that they will put whatever college degree or career training you have to good use. There are lawyer Jesuits, even astronomer Jesuits. The Vatican has an observatory staffed by Jesuits.