An Old School Catholic Message Board

MY ASPIRANCY!

Totus Tuus

Mother Vicar just called me and asked if I wanted to make an aspirancy at Our Lady of the Angels for the whole month of October!!! I feel SO blessed! I just wanted to tell you guys and ask for your prayers.

All For Jesus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 8 2005, 12:26 PM']Mother Vicar just called me and asked if I wanted to make an aspirancy at Our Lady of the Angels for the whole month of October!!! I feel SO blessed! I just wanted to tell you guys and ask for your prayers.
[right][snapback]676996[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wow! Totus Tuus, I am so excited for you. That is wonderful. I didn't know that Our Lady of the Angels had an aspirancy. Have you made a formal application to enter?

where a person discerning their vocation lives inside the cloister for a set period of time to further discern.

Our Lady of the Angelels was founded by Mother Angelica (I hope I'm thinking of the right one)

It is the poor clares of perpetual adoraion, (PCPA) and are located in Hanceville , Alabama.

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Aug 8 2005, 12:23 PM']Wow! Totus Tuus, I am so excited for you.  That is wonderful.  I didn't know that Our Lady of the Angels had an aspirancy.  Have you made a formal application to enter?
[right][snapback]677057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks all :)

I have had one interview with the Council and visited for discernment three or four times now. But there is not really an application with this Order, except for a short one. The acceptance process is done by a meeting with the Council once you are eighteen. I don't think they normally do aspirancies at all, but in my case, circumstances made it a perfect opportunity.

PRAYERS ARE APPRECIATED!

Yes, Our Lady of the Angels is in Hanceville, Alabama, and is a community of Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration (the Order wasn't founded by Mother Angelica, but she is the one who built the Shrine).

All For Jesus

Totus Tuus, if you don't mind me asking, what is the interview with the Council like? That's interesting that they really don't have an application (does that mean no autobio?) Well, thanks for humoring me. I have been interested in the PCPA's for a while (but still don't know where God wants me-in active or cloister). I actually visited the Shrine a couple of times and on one visit was able to spend some time with the nuns. I helped to clean the public side of the shrine. It was Easter and there was wax on the floor from all the candles...it was wonderful to work in the very same room where Jesus was!!!

Thank you for your prayers, Zabbazooey ^_^

[quote]Totus Tuus, if you don't mind me asking, what is the interview with the Council like? That's interesting that they really don't have an application (does that mean no autobio?) Well, thanks for humoring me. I have been interested in the PCPA's for a while (but still don't know where God wants me-in active or cloister). I actually visited the Shrine a couple of times and on one visit was able to spend some time with the nuns. I helped to clean the public side of the shrine. It was Easter and there was wax on the floor from all the candles...it was wonderful to work in the very same room where Jesus was!!![/quote]

Well, meeting with the Council is very simple. There are five nuns on the council (including Mother Angelica, if I remember correctly, but it may be five nuns besides her). They ask you questions about yourself, how your health is, if you have debts... I really think the interview process is different for everyong, depending on their background and stuff. I have only met with the Council on a preliminary basis, since I'm not eighteen yet. My "official" meeting will be in October. I am told that it's about the same, and after they talk to you for a few minutes they ask you to wait in the hallway while they discuss and basically vote, as far as I know, on your entrance. Then you come back in a couple of minutes later, they give you the answer, and that's it. It's actually very simple. I am really under the impression that discernment with the PCPA's is more of a time of discernment on your part[i]and[/i] that of the sisters, involving much prayer, as opposed to a long, drawn-out process on paper. I am not sure about an autobiography, but I'm almost sure it's not part of the process.

I hope I didn't make that too confusing. I'm not very good at explaining things.

Oh yeah, and cleaning wax off the floor can be very hard! I do it every time I visit (because, like you, I have always cleaned the temple during my visit as well).

Edited by Totus Tuus