An Old School Catholic Message Board

I committed a mortal sin

zabbazooey

I committed a grave mortal sin tonight. Not going into details, but I need your prayers so I can overcome this severe weakness!!

Pray for me, that I can be reconciled to Christ.

well, i went to mass tonight before i messed up royally

Edited by zabbazooey

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Aug 14 2005, 01:44 AM']I committed a grave mortal sin tonight. Not going into details, but I need your prayers so I can overcome this severe weakness!!

Pray for me, that I can be reconciled to Christ.
[right][snapback]684661[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please do not think I am making light of your situation, I AM NOT. I will be praying for you.

But there is something that Satan will try to do to you. That is beat you over the head (literally) with whatever your sin is. He is good at that.

Now I heard this somewhere, I don't remember where. It is humorous and to the point and I want you to use it.

WHEN SATAN REMINDS YOU OF YOUR PAST, YOU REMIND HIM OF HIS FUTURE.

We all sin, we all fall, we all struggle. We believe in you and so does God. You are not alone.

Another NIFTY, nifty? saying I know.

THE TASK AHEAD OF YOU IS NOT AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU.

Satan you have no power over me, for I am a child of God.

Say that whenever you feel Sattan tempting you.

In the Name of Jesus Christ be gone Satan.

Another one!

They work for me and i hope they work for you.

here is another one, very theological and consise and probably used by many Saints:

"go to hell!"

or you can give him the willies by saying "Hail Mary!"

a Benedictine saying: "drink the poison your [damned] self!"

We'll pray for your soul!

ps- I always say "get behind me, Satan!". And I put holy water all over my house numerous times each week.

Edited by Totus Tuus

Umm, I talked to an Exorsist once (his name is Monsignor La Femina and he is in KY) and he said NEVER to address Saten. Even to say something like that. Just to pray.

Yeah ... I thought the laity were strictly forbidden from addressing Satan ... we can say "Lord, send these demons back to the Hell they came from" and that sort of thing ... but I thought saying anything to Satan directly was considered too dangerous for the un ordained? I know I've read something like that somewhere!

[quote name='Hannah' date='Aug 16 2005, 03:14 PM']Umm, I talked to an Exorsist once (his name is Monsignor La Femina and he is in KY) and he said NEVER to address Saten. Even to say something like that. Just to pray.
[right][snapback]686812[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Catholictothecore

Know this....there is nothing that can seperate us from the love of Christ. I don't know how your doing now, but despair is worse than anything. Accept, know where your heart lies (with Christ), and just trust Him!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Dude... I was totally attacked while I was praying a Rosary in Rome with my pilgrimage group for WYD... I just prayed that Mother Mary would be my protection and I gripped those Rosary beads so hard... Man, that was a pretty painful experience... I was clenching my teeth most of the time... sorry, I know this has nothing to do with what was orginally posted... But I will certainly pray for you and that you can make a good holy confession soon!