An Old School Catholic Message Board

I just told my mom

catholicflower

catholicflower

I just told my mom that I am seriously discerning religious life and to my suprise she was okay with it. She said that if that was where my heart is leading me then that is where I should go. Just thought I would share :D:

awesome! i'm so happy for you :D: It's such a grace that your mom is ok with it. Like Emily I'll ask: what order(s) are you considering (Dominicans?? :saint: )

All For Jesus

Wow! That's wonderful. Praise God for parents that are supportive of their children's vocations! Yes, I'm also curious as to what orders your looking into! God Bless.

catholicflower

I am looking at he Sisters of Mary mother of the Eucharist, the Nashvilles Domincans, and the Sisters of St George the Marytr. I am so excited!!! :D: :D: :D:

All For Jesus

[quote name='catholicflower' date='Aug 15 2005, 05:08 PM']I am looking at he Sisters of Mary mother of the Eucharist, the Nashvilles Domincans, and the Sisters of St George the Marytr.  I am so excited!!!  :D:  :D:  :D:
[right][snapback]685957[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, it is an exciting thing (discerning your vocation)...those are great orders . Very orthodox, I believe. Keep praying!

[quote name='catholicflower' date='Aug 15 2005, 04:08 PM']I am looking at he Sisters of Mary mother of the Eucharist, the Nashvilles Domincans, and the Sisters of St George the Marytr.  I am so excited!!!  :D:  :D:  :D:
[right][snapback]685957[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What a great grace and blessing to have a supportive mother! Praise God!! Those three communities are all really wonderful! I've had a lot of contact with the Franciscan Sisters of the Martyr St. George over the past couple years. They are such wonderful sister and so orthodox! :D:

catholicflower

I just learned about the St George sisters a few weeks ago after a priest told me about them. They seem totally awsome.

zabba- I love carmelites! The only 2 orders io know of (that are not cloistered) at the LAs ones (which are just oo far away) and the Sacred Hearts. You know of any other?

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Aug 15 2005, 06:20 PM']What a great grace and blessing to have a supportive mother!  Praise God!!  Those three communities are all really wonderful!  I've had a lot of contact with the Franciscan Sisters of the Martyr St. George over the past couple years.  They are such wonderful sister and so orthodox!  :D:
[right][snapback]686107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I discerned seriously with the Martyrs for a long time before I found the Sister Servants (the order I am joining). They are awesome. One of my best friends is entering there September the 8th.

Are the matyrs of St. George in Springfield dioceses but work with the ST. Louis dioceses?

If so I know someone who is entering them next year, (she goes tot he abbey)

littleflower+JMJ

that is really awesome to hear that your mom was okay with it! Praise God!

may Our Lady guide you through your vocation in the discernment!!

God bless all parents who have children considering and going into the religous vocation!!

St. Ann and St. Joachim, pray for us!! :D :clap:

[quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 15 2005, 11:07 PM']Are the matyrs of St. George in Springfield dioceses but work with the ST. Louis dioceses?

If so I know someone who is entering them next year, (she goes tot he abbey)
[right][snapback]686290[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Eddie,

Their motherhouse is in Alton, IL (Springfield, IL), but they are incredbiyl active in the S.t Louis archdiocese because Alton is part of the St. Louis metro area (just on the other side of the river).

They get a lot of people from Wisconsin because Archbishop Burke invited them to the LaCrosse diocese when he was the Bishop there. They run a house of formation in that diocese.

I discerned with them for a while and lived across the hall from them in the dorm in Steubenville. They are awesome, and my really good friend (Alyssa) is also entering in September. Another friend, Sarah, just became a novice on monday.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Aug 18 2005, 07:44 AM']

They get a lot of people from Wisconsin because Archbishop Burke invited them to the LaCrosse diocese when he was the Bishop there. They run a house of formation in that diocese.

[right][snapback]688801[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've stayed at their House of Formation for a retreat, and one of my friends lives there during the school year as an aspirant. It's such a nice place for high school girls discerning a religious vocation. Most of the Sisters teach at the local high school, but a few work at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The Sisters are so cute! ^_^