An Old School Catholic Message Board

discernment to different religious orders

Sixtina87

[quote name='memtherose' date='Aug 19 2005, 02:25 AM']Sixtina,
Thats great you're discerning with the Lockport Dominicans! They seem really lovely and they need new vibrant vocations. You may know, but Karin (on this forum) is actually on her 3 month aspriancy with them at the moment, and Jessica (discerningsoul) here, is also planning to enter with them this year. In fact, there are quite of few girls here who haved looked at them, and have even visited, I think..... I have been discerning with them as well........

The two other cloistered monasteries where my interest is highest are:
the Summit Dominicans (Our Lady of the Rosary, in NJ)
and the Eindhoven Poor Clares (Mary, Mother of the Church, in the Netherlands)

However, I am wondering if its just a crush I have on the Poor Clares..... I really love them, but I also love the Dominican nuns.

If you feel as though God is calling you to Lockport, go for it!!! I don't know if I am, but I may be looking at visiting them in the New Year.  I am starting to look at making an aspirancy (of six weeks, living in the cloister) in Summit. We don't know the dates yet, and also it means putting off university for a while....But whatever Gods wants, I want!!!

My prayers for you, and God bless all us here!!!!

Also, Carly (crusader03) here is entering the Sisters of Mary this September (the 8th?) If I was called to the active life, they would be it!

(btw, I'm Emily and I'm from New Zealand!)
[right][snapback]690079[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

memtherose-
Many blessings for your aspirancy with the Our Lady of the Rosary monastery! I am also seriously discerning with them. :)

Nicole,
Did you know that the Sisters of Mary's next retreat is on October 22-23? I'll be there, and that's when I'm going to request my application papers so i can enter this time next year. You're right-- they do get a ton of e-mail!

Wow, people are talking about me. And my sisters. :lol:

Nicole - I really do recommend trying again to get in touch with the SMME... in about a week or two. Sr. Joseph Andrew and Sr. Annunciata are at WYD until like Tuesday, and then it might take a bit for them to empty out the ol' inbox, but usually they're very prompt in replying. :)

And Y'ALL should come to the October retreat! I'll be there!! *duh* I think we'll have a big Phatmass party! Ha ha!

PS - if you want to read a completely random account of the past 6-7 months, my discernment ,and things that have gone along with entering the convent, feel free to check out my LiveJournal: [url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/truckly57"]http://www.livejournal.com/users/truckly57[/url] My apologies for any insanity!

Hehe, wait til the Feb retreat to have a phatmass party! God willing I'll be in the States for a couple of months at that time, and I will definitely try to get to the retreat then!!!!!!!!!!! If I do come, you'll all instantly recognise me, I'll be the one with the New Zealand accent! LOL!

Edited by memtherose

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:03 PM']Nicole,
Did you know that the Sisters of Mary's next retreat is on October 22-23?  I'll be there, and that's when I'm going to request my application papers so i can enter this time next year.  You're right-- they do get a ton of e-mail!
[right][snapback]690409[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes i know it is. But i have other plans that month with the dominican nuns. i will try to go in Feb. which i was told is their next retreat after the one in october!!!!!! :ninja:

[quote name='crusader03' date='Aug 19 2005, 07:19 PM']Wow, people are talking about me. And my sisters. :lol:

Nicole - I really do recommend trying again to get in touch with the SMME... in about a week or two. Sr. Joseph Andrew and Sr. Annunciata are at WYD until like Tuesday, and then it might take a bit for them to empty out the ol' inbox, but usually they're very prompt in replying. :)

And Y'ALL should come to the October retreat! I'll be there!! *duh* I think we'll have a big Phatmass party! Ha ha!

PS - if you want to read a completely random account of the past 6-7 months, my discernment ,and things that have gone along with entering the convent, feel free to check out my LiveJournal: [url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/truckly57"]http://www.livejournal.com/users/truckly57[/url] My apologies for any insanity!
[right][snapback]691031[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thanks Carly for posting that!!!! i will try again by emailing then later this week, like friday!!!!!!!!! I want to go to the next WYD!!!! i found out this morining whre the next one is and I'm like, i wanna go!!!!!!!!! Carly i laughed when you said, "we'll have a big phatmass party!!!" That would
be interesting to me, but what would the Sisters say???? LOL!!!!!! i will read your journal sometime today, not sure when maybe this after noon!!!! God bless!!!!!!!!!

I know, the priest at Mass yesterday told us all about WYD in Australia. He is my favorite priest ever and wants to take a group. I was like "come take the Sisters!!!" Haha! It (WYD '08) should be right after first profession...... :)

What would the sisters say? They'd think it was great! Hey, if I can bring in more retreatants and discerners and possible vocations, they'll be all for it! Hahaha. Maybe our party can be at dinner or lunch or something. :)

[quote name='crusader03' date='Aug 22 2005, 02:10 PM']I know, the priest at Mass yesterday told us all about WYD in Australia. He is my favorite priest ever and wants to take a group. I was like "come take the Sisters!!!" Haha! It (WYD '08) should be right after first profession...... :)

What would the sisters say? They'd think it was great! Hey, if I can bring in more retreatants and discerners and possible vocations, they'll be all for it! Hahaha. Maybe our party can be at dinner or lunch or something. :)
[right][snapback]694295[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How about having the Party in Febuary when i can come and then party at midnight!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then again the Sister wouldnt be too happy to wake up hearing abunch of girls screaming or laughing or what ever goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be so kewl!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: We'll just have to have two parties. One in October and one in February. And hey, we'll have one in May too, 'cause it'll be my 21st birthday! Whoo!

The sisters would never know... the retreats aren't held at the Motherhouse anymore (b/c of lack of room), but rather at the school... though "chatting" is restricted to the gym once Eucharistic Adoration starts. But, uh, I obviously won't be around at midnight. Y'all can go party with Jesus, though!!!!! ;)

[quote name='crusader03' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:23 AM']:lol: We'll just have to have two parties. One in October and one in February. And hey, we'll have one in May too, 'cause it'll be my 21st birthday! Whoo!

The sisters would never know... the retreats aren't held at the Motherhouse anymore (b/c of lack of room), but rather at the school... though "chatting" is restricted to the gym once Eucharistic Adoration starts. But, uh, I obviously won't be around at midnight. Y'all can go party with Jesus, though!!!!! ;)
[right][snapback]695146[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUm, the party, what to bring!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! You're right the Sisters would never know about our party!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! Dang too bad you wont be there at midnight!!!!! ; ) Hum, what would a party with jesus be like??? Of course jesus is our HomeBoy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang youll be 21 and you cant go get wasted!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! just kidding!!!!!!! At work all we talk about is who is turning 21 and wheather or not they are going to get wasted!!!!!!!!!!!! But i know you wont do that!!!!!!!!!! you rahtehr spend time and our brithday with the community you love!!!!!!!!!!! thats what i rather do!!!!!!!!!