An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Catholic

ktownbaby

hey ktown, i'm hopeful1 and i'm a newbie here, and trust me i know what you mean. I went to a catholic school where only 2% of the people gave a carp about the faith, and i used to volunteer at a hospital and had to deal with some very bitter ex catholics all the time. I swear every weekend felt like the spanish inquisition except from a bunch of protties! One of them was really adimit about it and was trying to get me to read this one anitcatholic book on expreists that come out and say everything is a lie, and trying to convert me and stuff. Unfortunately one day i did the unchristlike thing and cussed her out and didn't work in that department again. although when i told my YM that she thought it was hillarious. I even have a psyc prof that basically said the church practices voodooism, so before class i go to mass and pray for that prof. But in a way it was a good thing b/c i forced myself to research and learn more about my faith (hence how i found phatmass, thanks for all the apologetics ironmonk!) and i've never been stronger. that would be my advice to you. and whenever i hear people say carp like that, i just pray for them. I usually say something like "Forgive them Father God for their ignorance for they do not know what they do, may you enlighten them to the truth" I definately know where you're coming from, you just gotta keep the faith. ;)

CatholicAndFanatical

a bunch of protties

hehe, i like you already..but you get yelled at for using the word 'prots' but oh well..Welcome to phatmass ya'll. May God bless your stay.

CatholicAndFanatical

hehe, i like you already..but you get yelled at for using the word 'prots' but oh well..Welcome to phatmass ya'll. May God bless your stay.

CatholicAndFanatical

why is "prots" bad? I didn't nesscessarily intend for it to be. i know we got some non catholic members on the board so if that's offensive to anyone i apologize. god bless

why is "prots" bad? I didn't nesscessarily intend for it to be. i know we got some non catholic members on the board so if that's offensive to anyone i apologize. god bless

CatholicAndFanatical

eh, dont sweat it, some think its disrespectful, I do it because i dont like to type it all out...no worries man, you'll be fine, welcome to the phorum, drinks are in the fridge, make sure you clean up your mess and dont touch dust's taco's, oh yea..that blue chair in the corner..yea the comfy one, thats mine..capish?

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical