An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blessed Miguel Pro

jmjtina

Just to let all know, tommorrow is Blessed Miguel Pro's Feastday....

many might not know him, many of you may. He is one of the blesseds I cling to.

let us follow his example and ask him to help us!

Saint of the DAY

also check out: (I LOVE this SITE!!!) this particular site walks through the martyrdom (media took pictures) and through his writings as a poet.

Blessed Miguel Pro

Here is a picture of him as he rejected the traditional blindfold, Miguel stretched his arms out in the form of a cross and facing the firing squad said, "May God have mercy on you. May God bless you. Lord, You know that I am innocent. With all my heart I forgive my enemies.

As the firing squad took aim, Pro spoke his last words. In a firm, clear voice, he said:

"Viva Cristo Rey!"

Long live Christ the King!

pro_cruciform.gif

That's great and all, but there is a much more important feast day tomorrow:

CHRIST THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Blessed Miguel Pro, it also was suppose to be Pope St. Clement I feast day, he refuted many heresies in his pontificate.

I do admire Blessed Miguel's martyrdom story and bravery in what was a rough and tough time in Mexico. I hope he is cannonized soon.

:)

Edited by Seminarian

What better way to celebrate with a martyrs feast who's last words were "Viva Cristo Rey!" and the feast of Christ the King? Praise God!!!!

I can't wait till MASS tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great and all, but there is a much more important feast day tomorrow:

CHRIST THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold up. Don't you see the coolness of this?

Look at Bl. Miguel's last words.

"Long live CHRIST THE KING."

And tomorrow is the feast of CHRIST THE KING!!1

Ain't it amesome? WHAT WHAT?!?!

What better way to celebrate with a martyrs feast who's last words were "Viva Cristo Rey!" and the feast of Christ the King? Praise God!!!!

I can't wait till MASS tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who consistantly has people post what they are trying to post while they are typing it? Seriously, when I hit reply, jmjtina's post wasn't there. Then, as I'm typing mine, she swoops in and takes my thunder :) .

It is rare to have photos of the martyrdom of a saint.

Fr. Pro could have escaped this martyrdom. He was in Rome, and could have stayed there. However, he chose to return to Mexico and provide the sacraments for the people. It was the most bitter persecution the Church had ever seen in mexico. The government had done everything to humiliate priests and to ruin the church. Fr. Pro travelled in laymens clothes to provide the sacraments in secret from town to town.

His courage, to lay his arms out like Christ and to cry out "Viva Christo Rey" gives testimony to every Christian that our real allegiance is not the laws of our Country, but first and foremost to God. He is our King.

Here is a photo of him immediately before and after he was shot in the head. Don't think the executioners misfired. They did not shoot him in the head because they knew they were killing a priest and a saint. Their sergeant, so furious that Fr. Pro was not killed, walked up and shot him at close range.

pro_final_shot.gifpro_dead.gif

littleflower+JMJ

oh blessed miguel pro, please pray for us!!!!!

so that we may have the same courage and faith you had to become a saint and a martyr........pray for us in heaven and teach us how to love Jesus and the Church just like you did.

blessed miguel pro.....PRAY FOR US!!!

VIVA CRISTO REY!!!

Am I the only one who consistantly has people post what they are trying to post while they are typing it?  Seriously, when I hit reply, jmjtina's post wasn't there.  Then, as I'm typing mine, she swoops in and takes my thunder :) .

:lol::lol::lol:

That's halirious!!!!! I didn't even notice. Great minds think alike. ;)

BTW, i think the Church in all her wisdom put Blessed Miguels feastday on Christ the King's feastday for a reason. B)

The more you start reading about him the more I like to call him, "The James Bond" Priest of Mexico. He gave Mass, heard confessions all in the communist country of Mexico wearing disguises in the 20th century and managed to not get caught! He had such a great sense of humor!!!! There is so much about him, I encourage all to read about him!

Blessed Miguel Pro, Pray for US!!!!!

yes. Many books FS. I highly recommend all by Ann Ball. She has done a very extensive amount of research and interviews. I grew curious about this saint after looking in a Catholic book catalog.

On Ann Balls site she has a biblography. Check out her book list.

Book List

littleflower+JMJ

because the government was persecuting and killing all the religious.

and keep in mind peeps. this isn't that long ago!! it was in 1927!!!

wow!!

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amesome!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW amesome HE IS!!! I HAVE A BOOK ABOUT HIM FROM THE DAUGHTERS OF SAINT PAUL WITH LOTS OF FIRST-HAND ACCOUNTS, AND

HE

IS

SOOOOO

COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he had such a gret sense of humor, and he was quite an actor, always hiding from police ot simply waving at them, smiling, talking, secretly slipping in and out of basements to say Mass...

HE IS SO KEWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

please, if you don't know him, you HAVE to read a book about him, he's one of those friends for a lifetime, like therese and max kolbe and....(there i go again on my saint lists.... :rolleyes: :D )