An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blessed Miguel Pro

jmjtina

BTW, i think the Church in all her wisdom put Blessed Miguels feastday on Christ the King's feastday for a reason. B)

Actually they didn't. Bl. Miguel Pro's feast is on Nov 23, where as the feast of Christ the King is movable (the last Sunday in Ordinary time). In 1988, when our very own JPII beatified Bl. Miguel, the 23 of November was a Wednesday (the Wednesday before the feast of Christ the King). So, its just divine intervention by the looks of it.

Actually they didn't.  Bl. Miguel Pro's feast is on Nov 23, where as the feast of Christ the King is movable (the last Sunday in Ordinary time).  In 1988, when our very own JPII beatified Bl. Miguel, the 23 of November was a Wednesday (the Wednesday before the feast of Christ the King).  So, its just divine intervention by the looks of it.

then this is a really cool year! and a kewl coincidence!! :D B)

your right willguy.

I was born on christ the King 23 years ago and my mom gave me the name Christina.

Viva Cristo REY!!!!!!

just came back from Mass.

it was a rather long one, with incense and everything, and a huge banner with an icon of Christ the King!!!!! It was so beautiful!!!!

The choir had beautiful songs too!! They really led you ito prayer!!

"Who is this king of glory.....who pursues me with his love...."

and the last one is still stuck in my head...

"Laudate, Laudate Dominum, nobles gentes....Laudate Dominum....exultate, jubilatte...."

so beautiful!! And today is a BEAUTIFUL day, clear blue sky, all sunlight and it's nice and fresh/warm, not unbearably hot!!

THIS IS TRULY THE FEASTDAY OF C H R I S T T H E K I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BLESSED MIGUEL PRO, PRAY FOR US!!!