An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling All Knights Of Mary

Mary's Knight, La

Are you in the Militia Immaculata  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mary's Knight, La

Hey I was just wondering who my fellow knights are. I invite you to leave a post with your answer as well so that I can know who is.

Edited by Mary's Knight, La

CatholicAndFanatical

Hey how do I get involved?? I read about this in one of the Bud McFarland books, Pierced by a Sword, totally amesome book and one day I will get it put to film.

so where do I sign??

CatholicAndFanatical

littleflower+JMJ

me too.

im going ot need instructions or something.

i want to make sure i do it right.

but i don't know where to start! :blink:

its not only for guys is it?

Hehe... no it's not only for guys, Flowery. :)

Hey how do I get involved??

1) Select a date to have your name recorded in the register of the M.I., preferably a Marion feast day.

2) Prepare yourself by Mass, the Rosary and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation before your consecration.

3) Recite the official act of consecration written by St. Maximilian Kolbe

4) Wear or carry the Miraculous Medal

5) Renew your consecration daily

You can enroll your name online. You will recieve a membership certificate, free subscription to Immaculata magazine, and annual MI prayer intentions.

More info: https://www.consecration.com/learn-more9.html

Consecration.com has quite a bit of info.

btw, I joined the MI on May 31, 1996 (feast of the visitation)

:D

I read about this in one of the Bud McFarland books, Pierced by a Sword, totally amesome book and one day I will get it put to film.

Go CAF!!! Go CAF!!!!!

B) B) B) :D :P

Mary's Knight, La

Paladin D

I recommend you visit the links mentioned above but the fast answer is that it's a group of people who set themselves aside (consecrate themselves) to offer all the spiritual goods they are given to Mary for redistribution according to her will which mirrors God's will. This basically means 2 things 1. they entrust themselves to her because by offering up all graces to her for redistribution they must trust her to ensure that they still get those graces they need. 2. they strive to do as much as they can for the kingdom of God thereby getting more graces which they can offer up.

He chose the name Knights of Immaculata to designate the underlying idea of chivalry that is involved in that we are to struggle valiantly to increase the kingdom of our King and queen and we are to fight under our lady's banner. In general we are to be her army under her direction as her authority is received from Christ, also in ancient israel the queen mother had to be a strategist and would suggest to her son the King possible strategies.