An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling All Knights Of Mary

Mary's Knight, La

Are you in the Militia Immaculata  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

St. Kolbe founded the Knights of Immaculata (also called Militia Immaculata) October 16, 1917 as a seminarian in Rome.

The original charter stated its purpose is to “pursue the conversion of every person living in sin, heresy, schism, and especially Freemasonry, and the growth in holiness of all persons, under the sponsorship of the Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate.”

Paladin D

I recommend you visit the links mentioned above but the fast answer is that it's a group of people who set themselves aside (consecrate themselves) to offer all the spiritual goods they are given to Mary for redistribution according to her will which mirrors God's will. This basically means 2 things 1. they entrust themselves to her because by offering up all graces to her for redistribution they must trust her to ensure that they still get those graces they need. 2. they strive to do as much as they can for the kingdom of God thereby getting more graces which they can offer up.

He chose the name Knights of Immaculata to designate the underlying idea of chivalry that is involved in that we are to struggle valiantly to increase the kingdom of our King and queen and we are to fight under our lady's banner. In general we are to be her army under her direction as her authority is received from Christ, also in ancient israel the queen mother had to be a strategist and would suggest to her son the King possible strategies.

Ah ok, thanks.

I'm a member of the Militia Immaculata and also a Knight at the Foot of the Cross. The Knights at the Foot of the Cross are a subdivision of the Militia Immaculata. Typically, these are people afflicted by some extraordinary suffering -- illness, disability, mental problems, death in the family, etc. There are many things that could "qualify." The KFCs "participate in 'redemptive suffering' (also called sacrificial or reparational suffering). This means they offer some of their daily prayers and trials to Jesus and Mary, who apply these gifts where grace is needed most, such as to convert hearts and save souls, to make amends for the sins of others, and ultimately to bring about the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus." The website goes on to say: "Supernaturally, KFCs are perhaps the most important members of the MI -- a spiritual powerhouse." For more information on the Knights at the Foot of the Cross, click here.

I became a member of the Militia Immaculata on January 1st of this year, the Solemnity of the Mother of God. I later decided to become a Knight at the Foot of the Cross as well, and I did that on September 15th, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. I decided to become a KFC because of my same-sex attractions and the suffering they bring me, and now with the passing of my grandmother I've also been offering up the pain from that as well.

I'm a member of the Militia Immaculata and also a Knight at the Foot of the Cross.  The Knights at the Foot of the Cross are a subdivision of the Militia Immaculata.  Typically, these are people afflicted by some extraordinary suffering -- illness, disability, mental problems, death in the family, etc.  There are many things that could "qualify."  The KFCs "participate in 'redemptive suffering' (also called sacrificial or reparational suffering).  This means they offer some of their daily prayers and trials to Jesus and Mary, who apply these gifts where grace is needed most, such as to convert hearts and save souls, to make amends for the sins of others, and ultimately to bring about the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus."  The website goes on to say: "Supernaturally, KFCs are perhaps the most important members of the MI -- a spiritual powerhouse."  For more information on the Knights at the Foot of the Cross, click here.

I became a member of the Militia Immaculata on January 1st of this year, the Solemnity of the Mother of God.  I later decided to become a Knight at the Foot of the Cross as well, and I did that on September 15th, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.  I decided to become a KFC because of my same-sex attractions and the suffering they bring me, and now with the passing of my grandmother I've also been offering up the pain from that as well.

That's amesome, GF! Do you know Michael Newmann? He's a KFC with Muscular Dystrophy, and I've met him several times.. he is SO inspiring!!

CatholicAndFanatical

Thanks for the info everyone. So on the 27th huh..sounds good to me. I can hit confession on Wednesday and figure out a way to go to mass before then to prepare me.. :D

Cool, im gonna be a MI!! YEEHAW!

CatholicAndFanatical