An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

crusader03

Hi y'all!!!!!!!!

I'm entering the [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org"]Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist[/url] in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on September 8.

That's [b]17[/b] days!!!!!! :lol:

Even more imminent, however, is my departure from home (Oregon), the countdown for which stands at 4 days!!

A little about me? I'm Carly.. I'm 20, and I recently (in May) completed my sophomore year at Christendom College in Virginia. As I said above, I'm originally from Oregon. Um, I can't really think of anything else to say about myself. :shock:

I am very excited and happy, though the immediacy of everything is starting to hit, slowly but surely. As my friends return to college and I prepare for this wonderful life, the supreme goodness of Our Lord is soooo obvious! Praise Him always for His love and over-abundant generosity to us!

I just wanted to post this because PM has been a bigger part of my life lately, even when I haven't posted, and I really am gonna miss y'all! Please keep me in your prayers, especially in my final days with my family, and know that my PM friends will be specially in my prayers!!

NOTE: I know some of you are hoping to come visit the SMME on retreat, and I would absolutely love to meet y'all, so search me out!! I'd also love to hear (via snail mail) from anyone who has a moment to write... 4597 Warren Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 :saint:

Hehe.....it must be so exciting! LOL! :drool: :topsy: :D:

Wow.

It'd be cool of a bunch of us came to a retreat....Well! Hope your days going well. Actually, have a great feast of St Rose of Lima, everyone...

We're SO excited for you! Pray for me as your begin your first months of postulancy, as I'll be starting my postulancy with the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, exactly two months after you- December 8th.

We hope your last few days of preparation go smoothly and that you are filled with peace as you embark on a wonderful adventure for Jesus.

Fides_et_Ratio

Congrats... you and pretty cool girl that was in my youth group are both entering the SMMEs!

I know Camille is SUPER excited as well. :lol:

beata_virgo_maria

Hi, this is Elizabeth from Oregon (the Cove camp.) I will definitely be one of the people from phatmass at the SSME retreat! :) It's so awesome that you’re entering. Congratulations!!

Yep, I'll be seeing Camille in just over two weeks!! Whoo! She's gonna be my alarm clock! While we were there in July, she saved my skin by waking me up when I slept through the 6am bell our second morning there! Haha!

Yay for Elizabeth!!! Yay for Oregonians! Haha, I'm SO excited that you're gonna be there in October! Two months!

AlterDominicus

As I again have said (Sister) Carly, I hope to see you in a couple years upon my enterance there at the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist! :D: Do say hello to Sister Joseph Andrew for me.

Hopefully eariler at the October retreat!!

Love and prayers,
Amanda

Edited by AlterDominicus

Thanks Amanda!!! I'll definitely say hi for you! Can't believe it's coming up so soon!!!!

[b]Entrance - 15 days!!!!!!!!
I leave in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

AlterDominicus

Man I have the butterflies in my stomach! I am sooooo excited for you!!!!!

I do have one more minor favor to ask of you, if you could say "hello" to Sister Maria Caritas for me, she'll know me. I've known her in her last months as a Postulant, since early this summer. I am so happy she became a Novice.

She is very dear to me. As are the rest of my sisters and sisters to be in the USA! :)