An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist II

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

About 730 days since technically I have two years of High School left since I am a to be Soph-y this year, and so if you dont count this year I got two years, and actually it depends, because I am going to try and catch it out a week after my 19th Birthday, that or if Sister Joseph Andrew doesnt approve, I'll move to Michigan.

I plan on attending their October Retreat, the cost is 25 dollars, thats not that expensive. If you would like to attened here is more info: [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/retreatinfo.html"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/retreatinfo.html[/url]

I promise you wont regret it. You will do MORE things in these 24 hours then you have done in 3 days or a week!

I really look forward to coming, and I hope and know some people from PhatMass will be going. I hope to see you all there.

I got on email from Sister Joseph Andrew today, she also wants me to attend 2006 May retreat due to a GREAT PRIEST HOLY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE (Like she quoted) So hopefully I can acomplish that one as well. :cool:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Aug 26 2005, 12:26 PM']About 730 days since technically I have two years of High School left since I am a to be Soph-y this year, and so if you dont count this year I got two years, and actually it depends, because I am going to try and catch it out a week after my 19th Birthday, that or if Sister Joseph Andrew doesnt approve, I'll move to Michigan.

I plan on attending their October Retreat, the cost is 25 dollars, thats not that expensive. If you would like to attened here is more info: [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/retreatinfo.html"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/retreatinfo.html[/url]

I promise you wont regret it. You will do MORE things in these 24 hours then you have done in 3 days or a week!

I really look forward to coming, and I hope and know some people from PhatMass will be going. I hope to see you all there.

I got on email from Sister Joseph Andrew today, she also wants me to attend 2006 May retreat due to a GREAT PRIEST HOLY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE (Like she quoted) So hopefully I can acomplish that one as well. :cool:
[right][snapback]700054[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow! You are not counting the days, are you?

"I promise you wont regret it. You will do MORE things in these 24 hours then you have done in 3 days or a week!"

I thought a retreat was about being still and quiet before the Lord and not about "doing things"
What are you "doing" in those 24 hours, anyway?
:saint:

AlterDominicus

You'll be praying Holy Mass, the Divine Office, and the Rosary with the Sisters, attending conferences, recreating, sharing thoughts, a movie and good times, but above all, you'll be Listening to God Speak to Your Heart during Eucharistic Adoration. Special conferences will be given concerning the Marian and Eucharistic themes of the retreats as well as the specific character of the retreat.

Thats what it says. :)

I'll be there in October, getting my application papers!! The retreat is simply awesome. When you talk to all the girls afterward it's like everyone's spiritual lives went on fast track and you can't believe all that was accomplished in 24 hours. Fellowship, recreation, talking to the sisters,etc is a good chunk of the retreat during the day, but there are also silent times, and the night is all silent. That's the best part, with Jesus all night! You spend at least an hour with Him, but most spend more. I think part of it is that the sisters give you something to search for, to ask Him. And that seems to make all the difference.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Aug 26 2005, 02:04 PM']I'll be there in October, getting my application papers!!  The retreat is simply awesome.  When you talk to all the girls afterward it's like everyone's spiritual lives went on fast track and you can't believe all that was accomplished in 24 hours.  Fellowship, recreation, talking to the sisters,etc is a good chunk of the retreat during the day, but there are also silent times, and the night is all silent.  That's the best part, with Jesus all night!  You spend at least an hour with Him, but most spend more.    I think part of it is that the sisters give you something to search for, to ask Him.  And that seems to make all the difference.
[right][snapback]700180[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Your getting your application papers!!!!! How freaking exciting!!! :cool:

We really should all meet up there- with 'Sr.' Carly! And Sr. Mary John can meet the new phatmassers... How are we going to recognize each other??

oooo, i'm so jealous.....i wanna go....but now that i'm not considering entering anymore, i don't think i can....plus i'll still be way too busy with my new job at that point. :unsure:

OOOOOH! I'll be there! I'm actually IN ANN ARBOR right now!! Whooo! And going to the Motherhouse tomorrow! Yippeee! I think y'all should wear lime green shirts and um.... ;)

This topic makes me laugh. :lol:

AlterDominicus

Hahaha...glad it does Carly. A sense of humor is great! I have a lime green t-shirt I could wear it! :) I got an email from SJAB lastnight hahaha. She has many nicknames for me!

AlterDominicus

Wait! I have a purple ribbon. Seriously we should do this, get everyone together who is going and figure out what to wear the same thing.