An Old School Catholic Message Board

I came back to the Heart of my Vocation

the_rev

[color=blue]That's awesome Eddie!![/color]

(Notice the Marian blue) ;)

Isn't it beautiful how God works? Where ever He is leading you, be at peace and know that you are in the hands of our loving mother Mary. :)

Legionary priests are supercool! :cool:

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Sep 11 2005, 05:42 PM']"Legionary priests are supercool!  :cool:"

yes i love their golden cufflinks and guci.

so much for holy poverty...
[right][snapback]719544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey, it's part of their charism to look very presentable...I've seen how they live, and it IS in poverty.

If you have problems with them though, this thread is not really the place to discuss it....

actually their benefactors purchase their clerics. Really they live a life of poverty. Some actually starve cause they don't have food. When the drive to retreats, a collection is taken up for them, gas, etc.

I think the LC are like what the SJ were in their foundation. Prosperous with vocations, and percieved as a threat to others. I think that is what part of it is, many are threatened by their faithfulness to the magisterium.

Although i don't feel that i am called to that order, i have admiration for a lot of what they do. And i think that other orders could look to them as a model. If you want vocations, you need to support vocations of young men who want to be faithful to the magisterium.

SHALOM

• 4 weeks later...