An Old School Catholic Message Board

previous education

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:23 PM']I'm still in High School, but I think God may have different plans for that....
[right][snapback]717576[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you mean, to leave High School for a religious order? Would they let you do that?

(I don't know, but i just think it would be all romantic for you as an oppurtunity to be close to Jesus)

Or is it something else, not as wonderfully romantic?

SHALOM

AlterDominicus

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Sep 11 2005, 04:47 PM']Do you mean, to leave High School for a religious order?  Would they let you do that?

(I don't know, but i just think it would be all romantic for you as an oppurtunity to be close to Jesus)

Or is it something else, not as wonderfully romantic?

SHALOM
[right][snapback]719603[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Transfer to a High School ran by Sisters im La Crosse Wisconsin, and stay there at their House of Formation, for my Junior and Senior year. As long as I can still go through with Sign Language. Thats why I'm trying to find that High School Website.

Then join the religious order.

Edited by AlterDominicus

daugher-of-Mary

I go to a nominally Catholic school, and am challenged to be radical in my Faith. In a way it is good that the challenge exists, but mostly it is horribly sad that kids learn are taught relativism instead of the glory of their Faith and run the risk of losing any faith they may have had upon crossing the threshold of a "Catholic" institution.

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Sep 11 2005, 07:46 PM']I go to a nominally Catholic school, and am challenged to be radical in my Faith. In a way it is good that the challenge exists, but mostly it is horribly sad that kids learn are taught relativism instead of the glory of their Faith and run the risk of losing any faith they may have had upon crossing the threshold of a "Catholic" institution.
[right][snapback]719828[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The other day I was talking to somebody about my high school and he said (sarcastically and jokingly), "You mean you didn't learn the faith in religion class?" I responded, "I learned my faith so I could defend it from my religion teachers."

That's exactly how I came to love my faith--through apologetics in my Catholic high school (that being said, I had wonderfully Catholic teachers in other subjects, so I did get real Catholic education in English and French class).

The worst part is that for a while we had a biology teacher who was living with her homosexual partner. I always ran into them in awkward places all throughout the city. She eventually quit teaching to open a restaurant franchise.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I have been a public schooler for almost all of my education and remembering wanting to run away from it all in High School...

I am currently at a Private College, that is not Catholic (Dumb move on my part...) but I am finding a place here I guess...

Well, Sr. Helen Prejean is coming to my school on Wednesday, and I have a chance to meet with her twice before the actual lecture, so everything isn't too bad here...

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Sep 11 2005, 07:46 PM']I go to a nominally Catholic school, and am challenged to be radical in my Faith. In a way it is good that the challenge exists, but mostly it is horribly sad that kids learn are taught relativism instead of the glory of their Faith and run the risk of losing any faith they may have had upon crossing the threshold of a "Catholic" institution.
[right][snapback]719828[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

it is just that! People go to Catholic schools, but don't get a Catholic education! seems a bit decieving.

Sr. Helen Prejean is the one portrayed in Dead Man Walking because i sure liked the movie, and would like to meet her, i am interested in that kind of ministry.

BTW her office is flooded in New Orleans, we should pray for her and her apostolate.

SHALOM