An Old School Catholic Message Board

previous education

MC IMaGiNaZUN

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I was just curious about what kind of education we have, or are recieving in high school.

I had gone to a public high school (I didn't have a choice, and i couldn't of gotten into a private catholic school). And public community college.

I was just wondering, because the experience at lousy catholic schools can be disheartening to well meaning catholics. But i guess going to a public school, and lacking Christ centered education, and being surrounded by babylonian values, at least made me sick enough of being worldly and wanting to go all the way with God. It challenged me to be radical. Maybe even more than going to a catholic school.

SHALOM

I've got about nine months before I'm out of high school ^_^ . I go to a Catholic school my parents had a major hand in starting 4 years ago. K-12, 43 students, about as Catholic as you can get. :) The student body could use a little work, but I guess that's what the school's for, right?

Went to public school until 10th grade, then 10th grade I went to a Catholic school. I had a terrible time trying to manage things, so I dropped out and got my GED before I turned 17. Now I'm at a community college, set to graduate in August 2006!

I might go on to a Catholic college to get my bachelor's degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education.

Who knows? ;)

I went to a "Catholic" high school that was formerly run by the Sparkhill Dominicans, but now the only one left is the former librarian who is now the Ambassador. Their order is phishy, but the two sisters who were at the school were pretty good. It was the pesky lay teachers who taught the heresy.

Went to a co-ed Catholic primary (elementary) school. Then moved on the all girls semi private Catholic secondary (high) school next door. I have SIX weeks of school left forever!!! Then, all of November is spent doing exams......

Public elementary (french immersion), then to Catholic school for High school, Now I'm in my fifth year running at a public college. I hope to graduate in June 2006 or if I take a few more courses to complete an associates diploma also then June 2007. If 2007 I will have been in school for 20 years. :rolleyes:

[quote name='FlyLikeABird' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:20 PM']Public elementary (french immersion), then to Catholic school for High school, Now I'm in my fifth year running at a public college. I hope to graduate in June 2006 or if I take a few more courses to complete an associates diploma also then June 2007. If 2007 I will have been in school for 20 years. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]714071[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
cool. I'll have an associates after 5 years of college (first two spent at state school, last at community college even if that is the reverse of the norm) and I was homeschooled for 12 years, went to public kindergarten, and was a pre-school drop out.

I home-schooled for thirteen years. I was in a private school for home-schoolers which taught a classical education curriculum once a week in tenth grade, and I've been using Seton since then as well. I've also taken community college classes for home-schooled high-schoolers. :) I will be finishing high school in the next couple of months.

Great topic!!!!! I went to a Catholic School all my life except kindergardenand jr high. My grade school was Jordan catholic school ihn Rock island, ILL!!!! My high school was Alleman Catholic High School also in Rock island!!!!!!! They are great schools but there are others grade schools that are private in the area but Alleman is the only HS around the area that is private!!!!!!!!!!

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i go to a liberal protestant school that i hate and i want to go to a conservative catholic school! i don't like my school.....

MC IMaGiNaZUN

i met a guy, who told me that a friend of his goes to a protestant school where they accuse the pope of eating babies...

I laughed.

But i always had this feeling that when devout catholics go to public schools they are challenged in different ways.

SHALOM

With the exception of a year and a half, I went to public school through high school. Louisiana's public schools are pretty bad though.

My wife and I are both working to pay the tution of sending our two children to a local catholic school. It's not cheap but, in my opinion, the quality of their education is superior to the public school system. Not to mention that it's Christ centered.