An Old School Catholic Message Board

AWESOME FREE DVD ABOUT VOCATION!

the Apologist

the Apologist
:D: Hey everybody!
Check it out there is a free DVD that you can order call in toll free and it will be mailed to you the next day.

Go to www.vocationinfo.com
there you will find the toll free number. Right now i'm in London and i don't have it with me but i thought to share it with you all.

you can email me also if you have any questions. This DVD is having a lot of success. It's FREE so check it out!
CALL TODAY!

For those of you who don't know me, i'm the Apologist, the Catholic rapper.

:) Adios.
the apologist

In regards to the posts that have been deleted from this thread:

Okay, let's try this again. I was the coward who originally edited the comments. Please take it up with me in a private e-mail if you need further explanation.

If you have comments regarding Miles Jesu, please express them. All I ask is if they are negative, site sources that back you up. This will not turn into a "I heard this about them" thread, because that is not only unfair, but uncharitable and scandalous.

I spent a weekend with Miles Jesu this summer in Chicago as part of the Crusade for Life, and was very impressed by them. They are a very awesome order, in my humble opinion.

The DVD is a nice look at the radical call of being called not to a religious order but to a life of chasity as a common laity, not a sister or priest, unless God calls you to the priesthood within that order.

[color=red]EDIT: According to the Apologist, they do in fact take three vows. Please either take it up with him and/or stop being belligerent.[/color]

spiritualbeing

the_rev has constantly stated that miles jesu is not a religious order, there is no more proof than what their website has to say.

[quote]Vocations in Miles Jesu

We call ourselves a faith family because our membership includes men and women; laity and priests; celibate, married, widowed and single people, all united together as a large family under one General Director. Miles Jesu adapts itself to the vocation each one has received from Jesus and helps each one to be faithful to that vocation. Although there are priest and bishop members of Miles Jesu, the lay members comprise the vast majority of overall membership (more than 90%). [i]Miles Jesu, then, is not a Third Order, that is, a lay addition to an existing religious congregation. [b]Nor is Miles Jesu a religious congregation.  [/b][/i]

What all the members of Miles Jesu have in common is:

1. An unwavering loyalty to the Holy Father and the Magisterium of the Church in faith and morals. Miles Jesu is neither "conservative" nor "liberal." We are simply Catholic,
  2. A thirst for holiness in a spirit of availability, each one according to his or her own state of life;
  3. A strong devotion and reverence for Our Eucharistic Lord;
  4. A tender and loving devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
  5. A clear understanding and practice of true lay spirituality and apostolate in temporal affairs and ordering them to the plan of God" (LG, 31).

Each person is a living responsible member and commits himself or herself according to his own capacity. As our Constitutions say, "Any human institution can only be built on unconditional and perpetual dedication. Those members who have it are the backbone of it and the ones who get the most benefits."

Follow the links to the left for more information about specific vocations in Miles Jesu

[/quote]

Even if they do take vows it does not mean they are brothers or sisters.

JMJ
9/19 - St. Januarius
[quote name='spiritualbeing' date='Sep 18 2005, 05:32 PM']the_rev has constantly stated that miles jesu is not a religious order, there is no more proof than what their website has to say.
Even if they do take vows it does not mean they are brothers or sisters.
[right][snapback]728851[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The issue was not whether they are a religious order, it was whether they took vows. Eddie was in the wrong, according to the Apologist. Take it up with him.

One can be in a lay movement and take vows, too.

I think the RC women take vows, but they are just consecrated lay women. In Memores Domini (the consecrated branch of Communion and Liberation), they take vows, too, while still remaining lay people in the world.

Hi everyone! Hey, the best way to find out officially about Miles Jesu is just visit the website, www.milesjesu.com and get the free DVD.

There you will get the same information that Rome,(Vatican) has. The headquarters and seminary of Miles Jesu is incardinated in the diocese of Rome.

God bless you and pray for the people in New Orleans! :)

I guess I will post my question again ....is there a website for the sisters of Miles Jesu Thanks

'''''''Hi, you can visit also www.milesjesu.com
there is information about the Miles Jesu ladies branch. :D: