An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sixtina...

zabbazooey

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:24 PM']Thanks but it just when i get to Alton i kinda cant figur out my way. i would take Highway 67 to Alton!!!! then find the bridge that take you to St. louis and get out that wonderful map!!!
[right][snapback]738619[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Are you sure that's the fastest way? My mom goes up to the quad cities all the time and takes 55 to 155 to 74. It takes her a little less than 5 hours to get there. If you take that way, you wouldn't go through Alton at all.

Kirkwood is nowhere near Alton (probably like an hour away). If you do take 67, that's Lindbergh Blvd in St. Louis, but you wouldn't want to drive that all the way from Alton because it would take you forever and a day. You would take it to 270 South/West (toward Kansas City) and then at 40 go 40 East and get off at Lindbergh (67) South and follow the earlier directions.You could also get off at McKnight, but Lindbergh is a major road, so it's easier.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Sep 26 2005, 11:43 PM']Are you sure that's the fastest way? My mom goes up to the quad cities all the time and takes 55 to 155 to 74. It takes her a little less than 5 hours to get there. If you take that way, you wouldn't go through Alton at all.

Kirkwood is nowhere near Alton (probably like an hour away). If you do take 67, that's Lindbergh Blvd in St. Louis, but you wouldn't want to drive that all the way from Alton because it would take you forever and a day. You would take it to 270 South/West (toward Kansas City) and then at 40 go 40 East and get off at Lindbergh (67) South and follow the earlier directions.You could also get off at McKnight, but Lindbergh is a major road, so it's easier.
[right][snapback]738651[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the only way io know how to go is 67. But if there is another and faster way email me it incase i do go!!!!!! I didnt realize it was you unitl i saw you blog!!!!! how are things in normal??? i will be in de Kalb next friday and Saturday!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:46 PM']the only way io know how to go is 67. But if there is another and faster way email me it incase i do go!!!!!! I didnt realize it was you unitl i saw you blog!!!!! how are things in normal??? i will be in de Kalb next friday and Saturday!!!!
[right][snapback]738657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm don't live in Normal now. I moved to my parents' house in St. Louis, which is how I know St. Louis like the back of my hand.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:37 AM']I'm don't live in Normal now. I moved to my parents' house in St. Louis, which is how I know St. Louis like the back of my hand.
[right][snapback]738715[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh i c

Well I have some news. The sisters canceled the retreat and rescheduled it for the week after Xmas. I already bought my ticket and it is non-refundable so I'm still planning on going out to St. Louis in two weeks! :D:

Maybe you can still come to visit??? :idontknow:

Please? :blush:

So are you still staying with the Sisters?

If you are, then your visit may actually be better than the retreat. You won't have the conferences, but you'd get more of an idea of how their life is.

Edited by jgirl

Yeah I think I'd rather go to visit the sisters just by myself. As far as I know, no one else is planning to go (I think I was the only one who actually bought plane tickets!) so this will be great going by myself!! :D:

because of no replies. they are having a retreat right after xmas. i dont think they were accepting more people anyway....

i might go to their xmas retreat wanna go with me in december?

i just talked to sister, she said if i wanted toc ome that weekend in october, i still can come!!!! but she is going toc all me back later due to the fact that she is in a meeting!!!!!!