An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

And I felt like a kid in a candy store.. I missed it!.. the new rules are good.. the league had its 1st shootout ever (the sens beat the leafs).. and my Rangers won!!!!... SI ranked them dead last, but we are 1-0 ! woot!!!

I have no idea who is going to win the cup though.. its hard to guess when we went a whole year without a season.

[quote name='T-Bone' date='Oct 6 2005, 05:20 AM']After the idiocity of last year, I no longer watch hockey...
[right][snapback]748067[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you sound like me last year...thats exactly what i said "because of what they're doing to me i'm never gonna watch hockey again!" i'm extremely stubborn and strong willed, but i just couldn't NOT watch it...i have to. and from what i have read and seen as of last nite, sidney crosby wasn't as good as most people predicted him to be, he was average. which is pretty good if you think about it, seeing as he's only what? 18? my red wings won though 5-1!!! :D:

This season promises to be the most interesting in the last 10-15 years!

Gretzky is coaching, Lemieux is back, teams are playing a more level field, rules increase offense and put abuses in check (groping/hooking if referees finally crack down, abusively large goalie pads), other rules changes promise to make the game faster like the red line not counting for the two line pass and they even made the center zone smaller and the resepctive offensive zones bigger and then some! ouf - now I'm out of breath.

I don't have cable though, but I'll follow in the news papers and maybe catch a period or two while visinting my friend(s).

the stupidity of last was just that, the stupidity of last year. it was stupid, now its past - get ovedr it. Afterall, can something as so lame as stupidity, no matter in what amount, destroy your love of something if this love is genuinely pure? I think not...

[b]May the ghost of the Rocket haunt us always!!![/b]

Edited by Didacus

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:22 AM']the stupidity of last was just that, the stupidity of last year.  it was stupid, now its past - get ovedr it.  Afterall, can something as so lame as stupidity, no matter in what amount, destroy your love of something if this love is genuinely pure?  I think not...
[/quote]

i have to agree with you! but unfortunately i know alot of people who would beg to differ. but hey, this is definately going to be an awesome year in hockey, i have to agree with you again on that. honestly, i miss the fights...ya know the type where ya throw down the gloves and the refs are actually AFRAID to get between the two guys. yeah, i've definately missed those!

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:42 AM']Woohoo for hockey!!!  :yahoo:
[right][snapback]748215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that statement just about sums up how i think everyone feels!

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:42 AM']Woohoo for hockey!!!  :yahoo:
[right][snapback]748215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that statement just about sums up how i think everyone feels!

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:40 AM'][snip]..ya know the type where ya throw down the gloves and the refs are actually AFRAID to get between the two guys. yeah, i've definately missed those!
[right][snapback]748212[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thinking of the Philadelphia Bruisers are we?

Tiger Williams; the most underated offensive threat in the history of the NHL!

BTW: posted this on another hockey thread, but no one replied. Its a bit of a riddle i came up with:

What has Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and Guy Lafleur accomplished in the NHL that Wayne Gretzky did not?

I have never met a 'hockey expert' that gave the awnser without me revealing it, and did not slap their forehead once i told them the awnser. Have any idea?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 12:15 PM']What has Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and Guy Lafleur accomplished in the NHL that Wayne Gretzky did not?
[/quote]

hmm....i honestly dont know! and yes, i probably will slap my forehead after i know the answer.

[quote name='T-Bone' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:35 AM']Not being Canadian?
[right][snapback]748325[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good guess but no, Lemieux, Lafleur and Howe always kept their Canadien citizenship and Lafleur actually never had an american citizenship as far as I know.

Good guess though, one of the best guesses I've ever heard actually.

PM me if you want to know the awnser.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 6 2005, 12:31 PM']ok so whats everyones favorite teams?**if you havent already told them**
[right][snapback]748396[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please PM me if you want to know my favorite team. It's not something I advertise about.

I'll give you a hint though:
[b]
May the spirit of the Rocket haunt us... always![/b]

and no, that's not intended for that whimpy little self-selving, modern day version called 'the Russian Rocket'.