An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

[quote name='morostheos' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:40 PM']I didn't know hockey was gone.... :blink:
[right][snapback]749029[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

please tell me that you that you knew hockey was gone last year, and simply misunderstood us all and thought it was gone again this year.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:51 PM']please tell me that you that you knew hockey was gone last year, and simply misunderstood us all and thought it was gone again this year.
[right][snapback]749060[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, I didn't know hockey was gone last year. Of course I was also doing an intensive volunteer program, during which I didn't watch any TV or listen to the radio much, and I didn't really read the newspaper (although I should have!). So I was kind of "away from the world" so to speak.

[quote name='morostheos' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:53 PM']No, I didn't know hockey was gone last year.  Of course I was also doing an intensive volunteer program, during which I didn't watch any TV or listen to the radio much, and I didn't really read the newspaper (although I should have!).  So I was kind of "away from the world" so to speak.
[right][snapback]749067[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well then thats understandable.i was a little upset when i found out that that you hadn't known about the players union strike last year :think:
and seeing as i'm a girl who is over things quickly, i'm over it. anyway, what's your favorite team?

Well I'm in Vancouver so you can guess who I'm cheering for. I think Naslund is gonna have an awesome year, especially after hearing him say how much fun the game is now after the season opening win where he scored two beauties. And of course there is Cloutier who always seems to be a question mark in net although I don't think he's nearly as bad as some people say.

GO CANUCKS GO

i love the new rules... it makes the game so much more of a finesse game like it was back in the good days. I'm sick of seeing the great players get creamed by goons, hopefully these new regulations helps open the game up to more scoring and more skill

[quote name='Philippe' date='Oct 7 2005, 03:37 AM']i love the new rules... it makes the game so much more of a finesse game like it was back in the good days. I'm sick of seeing the great players get creamed by goons, hopefully these new regulations helps open the game up to more scoring and more skill
[right][snapback]749307[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

as much as i agree with you, seeing a little arrogant snobby player getting creamed by a 'goon' just makes my day sometimes. yes, i would love to see more goals being scored, but i love the fights as well.

[quote name='Maria' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:31 PM']I was going to say that Didacus obviously must root for the Montreal Canadiens, but the info's already out.

I personally don't care for hockey, but I'm distantly related to the Rocket (my grandmother was his cousin or second cousin, and she didn't care for hockey either  :P: ).
[right][snapback]748997[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'd be impressed if you found the awnser to my riddle!

And onathing1, want to put your money where your mouth is?

When does Montreal play Detroit?

Here's the bet:

Montreal wins: you donate 5$ to phatmass.

Detroit wins; I donate 5$ to phatmass.
Honor system of course.

Anyone else want a piece ot his?

BRING IT ON!!!

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 08:58 AM']And onathing1, want to put your money where your mouth is?

When does Montreal play Detroit?

Here's the bet:

Montreal wins:  you donate 5$ to phatmass.

Detroit wins;  I donate 5$ to phatmass.
Honor system of course.
[right][snapback]749361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lets go!!!! just warning you, you're gonna be outta 5 bucks.

Edited by onathing1

well i looked for a detroit vs. montreal game and couldn't find one...but maybe i missed if, is so please tell me, cuz i can't WAIT to win this bet.