An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Am A Catholic

hyperdulia again

hyperdulia again

1. Because Christ is on the altar and in the tabernacle of every Catholic Church---when I know nothing else I know this.

2. Because I died and rose again with Christ in my Baptism---nothing symbolic there, I actually did.

3. Because Christ is present in every Sacrament from Baptism to Unction (I like the old term).

4. Because what is actually true is very different from what I wish were true.

5. Because the Catholic Church didn't come out of the Bible, the Bible came out of Her.

6. Because Christ gave His mother to me as my mother.

7. Because despite all of my desperate clawing attempts to get away from Her the Church draws me back.

8. Because God wouldn't leave an Apostate in charge of the world for 1500 years.

9. Because, if Catholicism isn't true, then Jesus was a liar or a lunatic (nods to Mr. Lewis).

10. Because art, beauty, and Christianity are not three irreconcilable things.

11. Because a living God requires a living Church that can grow in Her understanding of Him.

12. Because I have yet to find the Church's weak spot, the place where Her teachings are not consistent.

cmotherofpirl

Hyper you are marked.

Have you heard this song?

"I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have called you and you are mine."

May Christ in the tabernacle always let you feel His Love for you!

And May His Holy Mother, Mary, Ever Virgin, keep her maternal mantle around you.

You are an inspiration.

Sometimes. :(:lol: :wub:

May I add "Because the Catholic Church is what Jesus set up when He told Peter that he would be the rock upon which He builds His church".