An Old School Catholic Message Board

OUR CARMELITE VISIT

Sixtina87

Sorry that the pics are abit huge on the phorum, i cant change the size other wise i would!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a few more pics tomorrow!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 21 2005, 09:24 PM']these pics are taken during our golf cart ride around the convent grounds, there were actually a few great hills to go on, but sadly, which i had totally forgotten, of course there was 6 of us on this golf cart,. we were going up hill......the golf cart stopped and we started going down hill.. afew of us screamed!!!!!! it was actully fun, and Rachel i think got a bruise and was in pain here and there, but it was fun for the most part!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]766883[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha, I love it when things like that happen. I remember on the last day of camp in the summer the Nashville Dominicans had ALOT of luggage, so I decided to help them, when I walked outside it started pouring rain. :sweat: :rain: :biglol:

LOL, yeah they did. But if you remember rifght before that talk at the St. Louis Abbey Sister wanted me to take a pic fo the group with part of the Church's structure behind the group, i had said, I had taken a photo class. So in a way after taking the photo class, i learned more about taking pics than developing them!!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 23 2005, 08:55 PM']Well I took good pictures, they did not develop b/c of poor lighting
[right][snapback]768556[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, thats how i started out, the pics would turn out too dark and it was horrible for me as a student trying to leanr how to take pics!!!!! I never could manage that fact of getting enough sun light in but i always took my pics in my house...Duh that was my problem!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 21 2005, 09:16 PM']i wasnt referring to geez, as a oh my gosh i cant believe she wanted to me yto answer those questions.....it was a train of thought i have because i wasnt even sure what i was saying, i generallyy say geez if i cant think straight or even get my point across!!!! what sepecific answer are you looking for????
[right][snapback]766876[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What I was looking for was what did you experience on a spiritual level.

I am glad you had a good time but I haven't learned anything about the spirituality of the nuns. While I enjoyed what I read, it left me empty.
I feel as though I read a travel brochure.

I really appreciated their devotion to their vocation and their obvious joy they had in serving Christ. Everything they did radiated love and compassion. One of my favorite things is they had communion rails in their chapel, and they actually used them. Such reverence is so beautiful and is much needed!

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 25 2005, 12:41 PM']What I was looking for was what did you experience on a spiritual level.

I am glad you had a good time but I haven't learned anything about the spirituality of the nuns.  While I enjoyed what I read, it left me empty.
I feel as though I read a travel brochure.
[right][snapback]770008[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OOPS SRY!!!!! Its just something one needs to experience on her own becuase of the fact that it is so up lifting and it sets the mood for the sisters, for the community, and for the day!!!! the sing the Divine Office, oh how beautiful!!!!! being apart of that praise is so full-filling in ones heart and mind!!!!!!!! it keeps you focusing on what is going on right then and there versus everything on the outside!!!!!!!!! you just have to experience it for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 25 2005, 01:07 PM']I really appreciated their devotion to their vocation and their obvious joy they had in serving Christ. Everything they did radiated love and compassion. One of my favorite things is they had communion rails in their chapel, and they actually used them. Such reverence is so beautiful and is much needed!
[right][snapback]770031[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

DITTO!!!!! Oh thats right I forgot about the communion rails!!!!! that was different for me!!!!! But i did get use to it!!!!!!!!!! Of course Ig ot use to everything, living there, eating with the residents, the prayer, community life and spending time with the SIsters!!!!!!!!!! even on the first night being back home, i woke up to my cell ringing and a friedna sked me if i was home from the convent, i had to literally think of where i was at!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking i was still at the Carmel!!!!!!!!! Being with the residents for activites with Sr. Mary Michale was wonderufl, She showed me alot!!!!! i was at the mall, duh I work there, but anways, i was hoping to get the bank inside the mall beforeit closed, but i missed it by 3 minutes, oh well ,i saw a elderly lady by herself. i smiled at her turing the other direction and then i turned around I walked towards her and started tlaking to her. She thought it was the greatest thing that had happened to her because I stopped and talked to her. She thanked me 3 times at least!!!!!!!!!!!!! It reminded me of how the residents loved seeing me during the entire weekend and how each of them smiled and waved and even said hi to me or even Collen or Rachel!!!!! it was the gift of Love that makes the Carmel a great place but Lets not forget the reason why it is that way....CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]it was the gift of Love that makes the Carmel a great place but Lets not forget the reason why it is that way....CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]

Amen! :saint:

LOL!!!!!! I think the HOLy SPIRIT was guideing me through that one!!!! I probally couldnt have come up with that quote Rachel unless I was really into the subject!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I started volunteering for Pro Sanctity last weekend and I'm going to call and see if they need any volunteers at the nursing home

:saint:

I'm finally getting into the church community side of things!

thats good for you. Are going to go see the Sisters in Cali??? Sr. mary Judith want em to go visit their Sisters in Wisconsin, another porvidence from the Sisters in Kirkwood!!!