An Old School Catholic Message Board

OUR CARMELITE VISIT

Sixtina87

OKay itws been almost a month since the visit and I am still talking about it!!!!! I emailed a Sister in Wisconsin seeing if i could come see them there instead of going back to St. Louis, she asked me more questions and will decide if i should come.....even though i already told her that Sr. mary judith wants me to come there for a second opinion!!!!! Right now i am waiting to here that i am going tosee the Sisters!!!!!!!!

Yesterday for some odd reason i started thinking about the Carmela dn how i absolutely loved it. Although i do love the Sisters of Nazareth and the Carmelites at the same time, I have to find my peace and Happiness in one of those 2 communities!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to go see both communiites one more time and then maybe figure out where i belong!!!!!

PLease God show me your will for my life!!!!!!!!!

Sixtina seriously calm down. Just take things one step at a time, don't rush into anything. Enjoy the ride.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 3 2005, 11:05 AM']OKay itws been almost a month since the visit and I am still talking about it!!!!! I emailed a Sister in Wisconsin seeing if i could come see them there instead of going back to St. Louis, she asked me more questions and will decide if i should come.....even though i already told her that Sr. mary judith wants me to come there for a second opinion!!!!!

I have to find my peace and Happiness in one of those 2 communities!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to go see both communiites one more time and then maybe figure out where i belong!!!!!

PLease God show me your will for my life!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]777809[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

1) The sister you emailed is "seeing" if you can come for a visit because she is PART of a community. She has no right to do anything like that wiihout discussing it with everyone involved first.

2) That concerns me. Your "peace and happiness" is doing the will of God. It shouldn't be contingent upon where your body is. You "belong" right where you are. You "belong" there because that is where God has you. When He wants you somewhere HE WILL MOVE YOU. Until then your JOY should be serving Him, right where you are.

Sorry for saying this but you are only 16 what's the hurry? The other thing "I have to find my peace and happiness in one of those 2 communities." WHY ? What if neither community accepts you, what will you do then? This is much like a job interview you may want to be there (get the job) it doesn't mean you will. So what is Plan C?

3) God's will for your life is to first of all LOVE HIM and thru your loving Him serving His children...everyday and everywhere (not just in the religious life) There is no magic to the religious life. IT IS HARD WORK.
The difference between religious and lay people is the funny clothes. Okay that is a joke. My point....I had a point (top of my head) :) OH YEAH, YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE. The religious life guarantees you nothing. You will still be you there. And from what I am reading it seems you are not happy with who that is.

My opinion while I care about you I don't believe you are ready for religious life. Great advice, actually FABULOUS advice has been given and you don't seem to be taking it. Remember relgious life is about following God's voice not your own. This is what the vows are about. Pract ice starts now.

I"M 18, not 16!!!!! Why do ppl think I'm younger than i am!!!! I hate that!!!!!! I'm 18..not 2 not 10 not 12, just 18!!!!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Dear, just calm down... it happens all the time... people think I am 12 and I am 19. It is even harder to tell on a forum online.

Just relax... things flow pretty nice when you just let everything go ;)

i no, most of the time at home my fmaily syas I'm 2!!!! Its because my room si decked out in Care Bears!!!!! LOL, dont ask!!!!! But i know they are kidding but it really makes me upset when someone who doesnt know me says I'm a different age!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 3 2005, 01:19 PM']Okay you can just type it you don't have to go into hysterics ;)
[right][snapback]777869[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol funny!!!!!!!!!!

I had a answer ready to send and my computer burped.
HERE WE GO AGAIN.

I am 48 you are 18 and your point is ?

I thought you were 16 because of your screen name and how some of your responses come across.

This leads into you are upset about a number but where is the response to the questions that are being asked?

From what I have been reading Totus Tuus and Zabbazooey are BRAINS when it comes to having a "good head on their shoulders" they have a good sense of who they are and who God is. I commend you, ladies.

Nicole do you have a Plan C? Or D? Or E? What if you never enter the religious life, what will you do? AGAIN, WHAT WILL YOU DO ?

Realistically this is something that needs to be considered.

Edited by ofpheritup

Plan b is beinga :ninja:

plan c is being a :boxer:

plan d is being a :drunk:

plan e is being a :soccer:

plan z is being....well i dont want to say it..... being um, eek..... :marriage:

Edited by Sixtina87

What freaks you out about the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony? Seriously?

If you're not comfortable with God choosing you for ANY vocation, be it the single life, the married life, or the religious life, perhaps you are not as far in your discernment as you think you are.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:01 PM']Plan b is beinga  :ninja:

plan c is being a  :boxer:

plan d is being a  :drunk:

plan e is being a  :soccer:

plan z is being....well i dont want to say it..... being um, eek..... :marriage:
[right][snapback]777934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Kool out rahcel!!!!! It was a joke!!!!!! I was tryint to be funny, you know HA..HA!!!!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:29 PM']What freaks you out about the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony? Seriously?

If you're not comfortable with God choosing you for ANY vocation, be it the single life, the married life, or the religious life, perhaps you are not as far in your discernment as you think you are.
[right][snapback]777953[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

there is nothing wronf with being married. i was only kidding!!!! i know what God's will for my life is and I have known it for a long tim whether or not i want what he wants of me!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 3 2005, 01:33 PM']there is nothing wronf with being married. i was only kidding!!!! i know what  God's will for my life is and I have known it for a long tim whether or not i want what he wants of me!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]777959[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Think about what Ophferitup said. She's very wise.

I think maturity is the main reason you keep getting turned down, so you might want to work on that. Just because you're legally an adult doesn't mean that you are ready for the sacrifice. You still have an advantage--time. Perhaps you will be ready inyour 20s or 30s. You can't just stop life and wait--you have to live life and gain experiences. That is what will mature you. If you just stay in your world, you're not going to grow up. If you want a good book about Spiritual childhood, check out Hans Urs von Balthasar's Unless Your Become Like this Child.

You do need to consider your options. If you have been turned down by 3 communities, you need to look at what turns them off. If you have a true vocation, you would be willing to look at your life and and change it--but not because you want to enter religious life or because somebody tells you to, but because you want to be ready to love God and serve Him in whatever vocation He calls you to at the moment that He calls you. Right now you get defensive whenever a community tells you that you're not ready for them and they're not ready for you. You get defensive if one of us calls you on something. If you want us to hold you accountable, then we will; but there is no use in us telling you over and over to live life instead of obsessing about how much you want to be in a convent.

Something to consider besides what if you're not called to religious life is why you think you are, and what would the difference be for you of living in the world and living beyond convent walls.

Edited by jgirl