An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocations Club

TheOliverOrder88

TheOliverOrder88

I started a vocations club at my school.

We had our first meeting this morning after Mass.

I had about 4 people come.

I need some help on naming it. I'm thinking the "Saint Charles Society." But we have a county named St. Charles, so I don't think that would work.

Any thoughts or ideas.

How about "St. Charles Borromeo Society?" I think that's pretty cool.

It's the saint that the city was named after, but with the Borromeo, it's not just for the guys who live out by me.

Hey...at St. Alban Roe on the first Tuesday of the month, they have a discernment group run by a Sister of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George and an archdiocesan priest. The next meeting is on November 1st, and you can get the details on [url="http://www.stlyouth.org"]http://www.stlyouth.org[/url]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

A Vocations Club sounds pretty cool :) Would have been nice to have one a few years ago. Ah, well, I think that St. Charles Borromeo sounds pretty okay :)

Yeah the Little Flower society is a good one, becuase St. therese is one of the best Saints when it comes to Vocations!!!!! But if that doesnt spike your interest, how about a name with Mary in it. I say that because MAry perserves our vocation to her Son Jesus to whom she brings her will to Him and which it becomes His will as well. I have always been told, "May Mary perserve your Vocation!!!" Adn that saying is so true, Mary has been showing me my vocation whether or not I see it, for the past 3 yrs!!!! Adn i think again this yr as well. Mary shows me her wil for me in the Month of October!!!!!

Little Flower Society is kind of girly...

He goes to an all boy school.

Plus Little Flower Society is alreayd taken by the Archdiocesan girls group. I think the one for guys is called "John Gabriel Society"

[quote name='jezic' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:13 PM']That is actually a really good idea. :)
[right][snapback]771986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good idea to what???? just curious!!!

TheOliverOrder88

I think I forgot to mention its a vocational club for guys. I was vague because this isn't just for the priesthood, its for anything really. (such as the Christian Brothers that run my school)

I think I might go with the Borromeo Society. I don't know.

I attend the John Gabieral Society quite often, thats where I got my idea.

And agian have something in the name with Mary, it can go for both male and female!!!! Mary perserves our vocation, whether we are male or female!!!

AlterDominicus

Venerable Charles de Faucauld
Venerable Charles de Foucauld
St. Charles Garnier
Bl. Charles the Good
St. Charles Joseph Eugene de Mazenod
St. Charles Lwanga and Companions
St. Charles of Sezze

I would propse

Society of Charles of Sezze