An Old School Catholic Message Board

rosaries

Sixtina87

AlterDominicus

[url="http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/buildrosary.php"]http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/buildrosary.php[/url]

Here is a good resource, I built my dream rosary on it. They also show you different kinds of beads, metal, stone, wood, plastic, glass.

My Dream Rosary;

Medium Smooth Round Olive Wood Beads $17.50
Nickel Silver Crucifix with Nickel Silver Parts $21.50
Sterling Silver St. Dominic (Guzman) Center $17.00
For a Woman
Total: $56.00

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 27 2005, 09:17 PM'][url="http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/buildrosary.php"]http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/buildrosary.php[/url]

Here is a good resource, I built my dream rosary on it. They also show you different kinds of beads, metal, stone, wood, plastic, glass.

My Dream Rosary;

Medium Smooth Round Olive Wood Beads  $17.50
Nickel Silver Crucifix with Nickel Silver Parts  $21.50
Sterling Silver St. Dominic (Guzman) Center  $17.00
For a Woman 
Total:  $56.00

:weep:  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:
[right][snapback]772433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
HOLY Sh##!!!!!!!!!!!!1 thats not cheap!!!!!!!!!!! So did you ever get your dream rosary?????

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 27 2005, 06:54 PM']Not sure if you have a Hobby Lobby, but they have a pretty good bead aisle. I've only purchased beads once, but they seemed reasonable. If you want to make them on a bigger scale, you should probably buy them wholesale on the internet...it will be way cheaper. If you just want to make them as gifts, hobby lobby might be the way to go (there's one in Normal where they have the Evangelization Conference)
[right][snapback]772343[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah i do!!!!! Its on the other side of the river, in Iowa!!!!! but i have NEVER been in there, but i have heard many great things about it. thanks for the suggestion, i think i will check it out!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 27 2005, 06:39 PM']I'm not Rachel but yes they would definitely make the rosary heavier.  The elderly generally when they go shopping for rosaries do not buy ones made out of glass for that reason.

You may want to stick to plastic beads, there are beautiful ones out there you just have to be willing to look for them.

There are literally hundreds of places on the Internet you can find supplies at. Just put in a search for "rosary supplies"  "rosary making supplies"  "rosary making"  etc.  If you are buying your  supplies locally unless you have a really great craft shop you are probably spending too much money.
[right][snapback]772331[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know you're not rachel!!!!!!!!! Rachel posted and I know she would read everything, I was trying to post 2 things in one post!!!!!!!!!! I had a hard time finding the glass beads that would fit the string I was useing!!!!!! But i will look into the internet and see what i can find.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 27 2005, 09:54 PM']I dont have 56 buckaroos! BUT I WILL GET IT someday....................................
[right][snapback]772449[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!1 Maybe your fmaily will get it for you...if you become a SIsters and give it to you for your first profession!!!!!!!!!! how kewl would that be?????

AlterDominicus

Believe me, it'll happen. It would be cool, but I might just end up forgetting about it when I enter the SMME. Because I'll be sooo happy. Haha. :)

oh i forgot. i found metal crosses, but would that be too weird looking with plastic beads and cord, in stead of metala dn pstic???

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 27 2005, 08:55 PM']I know you're not rachel!!!!!!!!! Rachel posted and I know she would read everything, I was trying to post 2 things in one post!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]772452[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I meant it as a joke. Would you please "lighten up."

Thru my life I have been beaten almost to death, raped, robbed, sexually molested as a child, unwillingly divorced, friends have not been around when I needed them and thru all this CENSORED I have maintained a sense of humor.

How immature are you that you do not recognize a joke when you see one?

I was trying to help you out. Tell you what, I won't make that mistake again.

Edited by ofpheritup

:whistle:

Sooo anyways.........I think if you are making cord rosaries, definitely stick to plastic. It just looks funny to me.... :unsure:

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 28 2005, 12:10 AM']I meant it as a joke. Would you please "lighten up."   

Thru my life I have been beaten almost to death, raped, robbed, sexually molested as a child, unwillingly divorced, friends have not been around when I needed them and thru all this CENSORED I have maintained a sense of humor.

How immature are you that you do not recognize a joke when you see one?

I was trying to help you out. Tell you what, I won't make that mistake again.
[right][snapback]772606[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[b][color=red]Edit for Content - Pio Nono[/color][/b] PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKEING AROUND AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?!? When i read things i dont see the jokeing being said in things that are typed it has to be said in order for em to know its a joke!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Pio Nono

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 28 2005, 12:17 AM']:whistle:
Sooo anyways.........I think if you are making cord rosaries, definitely stick to plastic. It just looks funny to me.... :unsure:
[right][snapback]772618[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
WOW, that was.......interesting, i think!! she seemed pretty [color=red]Edit for Content - Pio Nono[/color] to me!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 28 2005, 12:17 AM']:whistle:
[right][snapback]772618[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

r u tlaking about the cross to the rosaries???

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 27 2005, 10:18 PM']  PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKEING AROUND AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?!? When i read things i dont see the jokeing being said in things that are typed it has to be said in order for em to know its a joke!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]772620[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Please, ladies, I do not want to see something simple like this exploded out of proportion. I understand both sides, and I really don't appreciate the profanity I am seeing either. Please, watch what you are typing. It isn't that hard to change things. Please, do not be so hostile towards each other.