An Old School Catholic Message Board

Zombies

ardillacid

Is it morally permisible to kill someone who has been bitten by a zombie before they turn into one?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No one in open mic took me seriously :(

I was reading a review of Dawn of the dead and they frowned on the practice of killing potential zombies. what do you think? :idontknow:

It is immoral to kill any person (except in war, self-defence, or (in some cases) the death penalty) zombie, potential zombie, or normal person.

Note: In Shawn of the Dead, after the intial break-down, the zombies could lead somewhat normal, if unproducative lives.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:02 AM']I would say quarantine them. We don't lynch and slay people who contract other diseases.
[right][snapback]784660[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The situation I was thinking of (dawn of the dead), the people were vastly outnumbered, and quarantining everyone would seem impossible. :idontknow:

[quote name='T-Bone' date='Nov 10 2005, 05:37 AM']It is immoral to kill any person (except in war, self-defence, or (in some cases) the death penalty) zombie, potential zombie, or normal person.
Note: In Shawn of the Dead, after the intial break-down, the zombies could lead somewhat normal, if unproducative lives.
[right][snapback]784701[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wouldn't this qualifiy as war? :unsure:

(they can still play video games ^_^ )

I think the state could probably sanction pre-emptive pre-zombie killings.

As an individual, I don't think we have the right even to kill zombie-virus infected individuals.

[quote name='philothea' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:12 PM']I think the state could probably sanction pre-emptive pre-zombie killings.

As an individual, I don't think we have the right even to kill zombie-virus infected individuals.
[right][snapback]784952[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Would we have the right to kill them as self defense? Would it be proper to deprive them of their sustenance, brains, even if that brain is mine?

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:31 PM']Would we have the right to kill them as self defense? Would it be proper to deprive them of their sustenance, brains, even if that brain is mine?
[right][snapback]784961[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well...

They don't attack until they actually become zombies. I don't think it's self defense until they're actually zombified and going for your brain.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='philothea' date='Nov 10 2005, 04:25 PM']Well...

They don't attack until they actually become zombies. I don't think it's self defense until they're actually zombified and going for your brain.
[right][snapback]785037[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were.

not you personally btw. hehe

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 06:14 PM']yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were.
[right][snapback]785173[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What you do is walk with a limp and a blank stare as if you are a zombie like in "Sean of the dead" then they won't attack and you won't need to kill them.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 07:14 PM']yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were.
[right][snapback]785173[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No kidding!

When the zombies come, I personally intend to emit loud girly screams. I fully expect you men to rush forth and protect all us screaming girls.

:love: