An Old School Catholic Message Board

St.Therese Movie

Guest Rick777

It was good, but not extremely well made, and I didn't feel that it really caught the spirit of Therese. But I guess it caught the spirit that Leonardo de Fellippis knew..

I have seen it. I am not [i]totally [/i] familiar with Therese's story, but I remember appreciating the acting and the directing, in addition to the spiritual/religious content of the film.

The DVD may have extra features on it, which would really be cool. I went on the website of the movie to see how they created ther cloister, etc--very cool.

If you get the movie, please share your thoughts.

I think the movie was made with great intentions but I didn't think it was really quite finished...there was a lot more that could've been done for it. I feel like it was also trying to feed off the hype for Passion...

Also, I've heard from the writings of a Hollywood type that when submitted for reviews, they ignored the suggestions to make it better and instead sought praise. All in all, it was a good project but not complete. I think there's another thread about this somewhere, though...

I saw it...it was okay, I don't feel like it captured the essence of the Little Flower or her spirituality, but it was from a different perspective maybe?

it's been a while since I have seen it.

When it came to my area, it was only here for 2 weeks, i got an email from the Luke films ppl saying that is was commingot my area. So my gradnmother and i went and seen it together. i absolutely LOVE the film, i cried at the end, I for some strange reason was coughing at the end of the movie. there was only 6 ppl in the theater with us, 2 guys, a mom and daughter and me and grandma. i gave the mom and daughter a post card with St. Therese on it from the movie. A guy i know from IRl in chicago sent me a whole bunch of stuff from the premeire (sp?). He sent me this huge movie poster and about 15 post cards!!!!! If anyone knows when the movie comes out, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

All For Jesus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 15 2005, 08:00 PM']THERESE!!!!!!!! MY Confirmation name!!!!!!!!!!! I am so dying to see it, I never got the chance when it came to Minnesota.
[right][snapback]790521[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I took Therese as my confirmation name as well!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Nov 15 2005, 07:33 PM']I took Therese as my confirmation name as well!!!
[right][snapback]790585[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wooooo.....cooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :blush:

I have Sister Mary Emily to thank for that. She is a Nashville Dominican, came up with my confirmation name she did. :yes:

i saw it... but i agree with lauren-

it didnt have her complete spirit, and wasnt well made at all...

but, then again, their budget was like $5 so....