An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling off to Buffalo

passionheart

srmarymichael

I can't wait to hear how it went!

oops. I'm having trouble with my Internet and it went twice.....

:idontknow: :topsy:

Edited by srmarymichael

Hello, I’m back.

Thank you so much for all your prayers because I believe they have brought fruit.

I had a good week at the monastery and as before, I left filled with such a beautiful peace. It was nice to have time to pray and actually see the daily routine of the nuns at the Monastery.

Over the week, I spent time with the members of the Council and of course with Mother Gemma. I was OK with the Council members but believe me I was nervous about meeting Mother Gemma. Why? In the past, I haven’t done very well with Superiors because I couldn’t articulate what I wanted to say.

Well, before our meeting, I prayed and left our time to the Lord. I asked the Lord to speak through Mother Gemma and what ever she told me I would accept as His word. I told that to Mother Gemma and I said to her if she told me to go I would go because I want to hear what the Lord is saying to me. I do want to His will for me. Our meeting went well and I was glad when I was leaving, Mother Gemma made the comment that my desire was for God’s will and that my feet are on the ground.

So the Council will let me know their decision in regards to allowing me to make an Aspirancy. Sr. Rose has given me the application papers but I am waiting for the response from the Council before I start filling them out. Mother Gemma is going away on retreat so I have to wait till she returns.

I left the monastery in peace and I am glad I went so I don’t have problems with waiting for the reply. Even if the reply is No, I won’t be discouraged as I have been in the past because during this time with the good nuns, the Lord has been teaching me to surrender my desires to His. So this time, my time of discernment has been a blessing. Although, I have to admit my friend, I do want to return there because well, there is a draw or maybe an attraction there I haven’t felt before no matter where I have looked.

Lastly let me finish with something Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me. Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me that when they receive inquiries from women of my age, they tend to write back and say they will pray for them but they won't accept them. Mother Gemma told me that the council has decided that they will no longer accept candidates over 40 and into the 50's.

However, the reason why they allowed me is because back in March about two months before my first visit with the Dominican Nuns, Brother Steven, a Trappist friend of mine at Genese Abbey in NY, saw Mother Gemma at his monastery. I had just written to him hours before telling about my letter of enquiry to the good nuns and lo and behold Mother Gemma came to see a priest there in regards to a particular matter. Br. Stephen went up to Mother Gemma and started to tell her about me. He said I would be good with them if only if I had the chance. Later, he wrote to me and told me about the meeting and he was so excited. He said what are the odds that he was standing at the front waiting for someone when he met Mother Gemma. He said to me then God must be up to something!!!

Brother Stephen knows the Monastery because they make the Monksbread and he does some of the deliveries to the monastery. When I read my friend’s email I was both laughing and crying at the same time and all I could say was I can’t believe he did that. Yet, because of this meeting both Mother Gemma and Sr. Rose of St. Mary agreed that it didn't make sense that Brother Stephen would come to her and speak about me around the time I sent a letter to their house. They felt that God's hand was in this and so Sr. Rose called me.

It was touching that because of the heavy snowfall in Buffalo on Friday, I had wondered if I was going to be snowed in. I found out that some of the Sisters wanted me to be snowed in with them!!!

Thanks for storming Heaven for me my friends and I will keep you posted.

May God bless you for your generosity!!

DonnaMarie

Oh yay Donna Marie!!!!! I am so pleased for you! It sounds like the Holy Spirit was definitely working there. :D: I'll keep praying that Gods Will be done :)

Welcome back hon!! I am happy you made it back safe and sound. I was just thinking about you today since a friend of mine lives in Buffalo and will be visiting your Dominican sisters today. I pray that God's will be done in your life.

In JMJ

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Nov 27 2005, 04:46 PM']Hello, I’m back.

Thank you so much for all your prayers because I believe they have brought fruit.

I had a good week at the monastery and as before, I left filled with such a beautiful peace.  It was nice to have time to pray and actually see the daily routine of the nuns at the Monastery.

Over the week, I spent time with the members of the Council and of course with Mother Gemma.  I was OK with the Council members but believe me I was nervous about meeting Mother Gemma.  Why? In the past, I haven’t done very well with Superiors because I couldn’t articulate what I wanted to say.

Well, before our meeting, I prayed and left our time to the Lord. I asked the Lord to speak through Mother Gemma and what ever she told me I would accept as His word. I told that to Mother Gemma and I said to her if she told me to go I would go because I want to hear what the Lord is saying to me. I do want to His will for me.  Our meeting went well and I was glad when I was leaving, Mother Gemma made the comment that my desire was for God’s will and that my feet are on the ground.

So the Council will let me know their decision in regards to allowing me to make an Aspirancy.  Sr. Rose has given me the application papers but I am waiting for the response from the Council before I start filling them out. Mother Gemma is going away on retreat so I have to wait till she returns. 

I left the monastery in peace and I am glad I went so I don’t have problems with waiting for the reply. Even if the reply is No, I won’t be discouraged as I have been in the past because during this time with the good nuns, the Lord has been teaching me to surrender my desires to His. So this time, my time of discernment has been a blessing.    Although, I have to admit my friend, I do want to return there because well, there is a draw or maybe an attraction there I haven’t felt before no matter where I have looked.

Lastly let me finish  with something Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me. Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me that when they receive inquiries from women of my age, they tend to write back and say they will pray for them but they won't accept them. Mother Gemma told me that the council has decided that they will no longer accept candidates over 40 and into the 50's.

However, the reason why they allowed me is because back in March about two months before my first visit with the Dominican Nuns,  Brother Steven, a Trappist friend of mine at Genese Abbey in NY, saw Mother Gemma at his monastery. I had just written to him hours before telling about my letter of enquiry to the good nuns and lo and behold Mother Gemma came to see a priest there in regards to a particular matter. Br. Stephen went up to Mother Gemma and started to tell her about me. He said I would be good with them if only if I had the chance. Later, he wrote to me and told me about the meeting and he was so excited. He said what are the odds that he was standing at the front waiting for someone when he met Mother Gemma. He said to me then God must be up to something!!!

Brother Stephen knows the Monastery because they make the Monksbread and he does some of the deliveries to the monastery.  When I read my friend’s email I was both laughing and crying at the same time and all I could say was I can’t believe he did that. Yet, because of this meeting both Mother Gemma and Sr. Rose of St. Mary agreed that it didn't make sense that Brother Stephen would come to her and speak about me around the time I sent a letter to their house. They felt that God's hand was in this and so Sr. Rose called me.

It was touching that because of the heavy snowfall in Buffalo on Friday, I had wondered if I was going to be snowed in. I found out that some of the Sisters wanted me to be snowed in with them!!!

Thanks for storming Heaven for me my friends and I will keep you posted.

May God bless you for your generosity!!

DonnaMarie
[right][snapback]801772[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YOUR BACK!!!!!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!! :sweat: :blush:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :twothumbsup:

[quote name='passionheart' date='Nov 27 2005, 04:46 PM']
Although, I have to admit my friend, I do want to return there because well, there is a draw or maybe an attraction there I haven’t felt before no matter where I have looked.

Lastly let me finish  with something Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me. Sr. Rose of St. Mary told me that when they receive inquiries from women of my age, they tend to write back and say they will pray for them but they won't accept them.

. He said what are the odds that he was standing at the front waiting for someone when he met Mother Gemma. He said to me then God must be up to something!!!

Yet, because of this meeting both Mother Gemma and Sr. Rose of St. Mary agreed that it didn't make sense that Brother Stephen would come to her and speak about me around the time I sent a letter to their house. They felt that God's hand was in this and so Sr. Rose called me.

DonnaMarie
[right][snapback]801772[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sounds like a "Divine Appointment" to me. :cool:

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:40 AM']Sounds like a "Divine Appointment" to me.  :cool:
[right][snapback]802437[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Believe me when Brother Stephen emailed all excited about this meeting, I was crying and laughing at the same time. All I could say was "I can't believe he did this!" :shock:

So we will see what the our good Lord has in mind for me because after all these years, I am finally learning to surrendered to the Lord the one thing He has always wanted........ME :cloud9:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Nov 28 2005, 09:53 PM']Believe me when Brother Stephen emailed all excited about this meeting, I was  crying and laughing at the same time. All I could say was "I can't believe he did this!" :shock:

So we will see what the our good Lord has in mind for me because after all these years, I am finally learning to surrendered to the Lord the one thing He has always wanted........ME :cloud9:
[right][snapback]803160[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:bigclap: :clapping: :applause: :rap: :guitar: :applause: :clapping: :bigclap: