An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling off to Buffalo

passionheart

sistersintigo

[quote name='passionheart' date='27 November 2005 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1133128008' post='801772']
However, the reason why they allowed me is because back in March about two months before my first visit with the Dominican Nuns, Brother Steven, a Trappist friend of mine at Genese Abbey in NY, saw Mother Gemma at his monastery. I had just written to him hours before telling about my letter of enquiry to the good nuns and lo and behold Mother Gemma came to see a priest there in regards to a particular matter. Br. Stephen went up to Mother Gemma and started to tell her about me. He said I would be good with them if only if I had the chance. Later, he wrote to me and told me about the meeting and he was so excited. He said what are the odds that he was standing at the front waiting for someone when he met Mother Gemma. He said to me then God must be up to something!!!

Brother Stephen knows the Monastery because they make the Monksbread and he does some of the deliveries to the monastery. When I read my friend’s email I was both laughing and crying at the same time and all I could say was I can’t believe he did that. Yet, because of this meeting both Mother Gemma and Sr. Rose of St. Mary agreed that it didn't make sense that Brother Stephen would come to her and speak about me around the time I sent a letter to their house. They felt that God's hand was in this and so Sr. Rose called me.

Thanks for storming Heaven for me my friends and I will keep you posted.

May God bless you for your generosity!!

DonnaMarie
[/quote]

My most beloved music teacher used to beseech us students, "Get out of the way of the music."
Isn't it astonishing what happens when you get into the passenger seat and let you-know-WHO do the driving instead!
Here is DonnaMarie's vocation story on the Internet:

http://fundforvocations.org/stories/SrVM.buffalo