An Old School Catholic Message Board

LOST tv show

PhillyMatt

[quote name='Philippe' date='Nov 15 2005, 03:38 AM']i want to watch it from the begginning, i'll have to catch those dvd's sometime
[right][snapback]789780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dude, totally worth it. You'll be glued to your tv for a week, call outta work and or school.

[quote name='inDEED' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:00 AM']If there weren't any Catholics on the show, I wouldn't watch it.
[right][snapback]789919[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, are you serious?

So far, Charlie and Hurley are known to be Catholic.

[quote name='Philippe' date='Nov 15 2005, 02:38 AM']i want to watch it from the begginning, i'll have to catch those dvd's sometime
[right][snapback]789780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

another lost thread :ohno:

I don't understand, they will NEVER get off the island. (for reasons that are quite obvious) The writers advance the plot so SLOWLY. If one didn't watch it for a month you wouldn't miss anything. and when the writers write themselves into a dead end they just kill someone or drop the subject completely :mellow:

God's Errand Girl

I'm still wondering who PhillyMatt is referring to when he says that there are "a few Catholics on the island". If he's making reference to the Virgin Mary statues, then he's WAY off base. :dunce: ;)

[quote name='God's Errand Girl' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:50 PM']I'm still wondering who PhillyMatt is referring to when he says that there are "a few Catholics on the island".  If he's making reference to the Virgin Mary statues, then he's WAY off base.   :dunce:    ;)
[right][snapback]790657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Check my above posts.....

During a flashback Charlie rediscovered his Catholic roots after his rockstar lifestyle became too self destructive....he went to confession and had to confess his embarrassing (yet interesting) sexual exploits to the priest.

In Hurley's flashback, his mom said, "We're Catholics, we don't believe in curses."

That's what I meant...no big deal.

Hey DJ 86, I live in the N.E. went to Archbishop Ryan H.S., now I goto Temple university, where you from?

Sorry for starting another lost thread, I'm new here! :idontknow:

Edited by PhillyMatt

God's Errand Girl

I'm not trying to make it an issue; I was kidding around when I made the comment about the statues.

But, I seriously was curious when you said there were Catholics on the island. Now that you mention it, I do remember the episode when Charlie goes to confession. Tying it all back in to my joke from earlier...isn't is ironic that he finds his greatest temptation and struggle with sin inside of a beloved "icon" (for lack of a better word) of his Catholic faith. (Man, we could start a huge discussion about that!)

[quote name='God's Errand Girl' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:40 PM']I'm not trying to make it an issue; I was kidding around when I made the comment about the statues.

But, I seriously was curious when you said there were Catholics on the island.  Now that you mention it, I do remember the episode when Charlie goes to confession.  Tying it all back in to my joke from earlier...isn't is ironic that he finds his greatest temptation and struggle with sin  inside of a beloved "icon" (for lack of a better word) of his Catholic faith.  (Man, we could start a huge discussion about that!)
[right][snapback]790710[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Great observation! That could be a whole new convo....especially since there's a butt load of hidden meanings on the show...