An Old School Catholic Message Board

LOST tv show

PhillyMatt

homeschoolmom

[quote name='PhillyMatt' date='Nov 21 2005, 03:27 PM']Well that's funny, according to contract, Lost was and still is planned to run for only 5 seasons.
[right][snapback]796886[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:yes:

In the meantime, it's a fun ride. :)

I have been glued to this show since it first aired. Funny thing is, I teach 8th grade RE and it is on Wednesday nights. Sometimes it is a rough crowd, so I am always glad to have LOST to look forward to , along with a LOST cocktail and hubby to snuggle with.

I love the LOST message boards---people really examine this show under a microscope.

I love the flashbacks and I love the one-liners. It is totally addicting, and it is the only show I watch on TV every week.

So, what does everyone think will happen when Ana "Rambina" Lucia meets Jack 'Marcus Welby' Shephard ??? An episode called, "Who's the Boss?"

personally I think Sayid is toast--I think Ana Lucia could kick anyone's butt. She has special forces written all over her face.

Remember the scene with Nathan and her sharing a mango on top of the hill? Did anyone see the silver car driving down the mountain in the background between them?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='annie' date='Nov 21 2005, 07:16 PM']personally I think Sayid is toast--I think Ana Lucia could kick anyone's butt.  She has special forces written all over her face.

Remember the scene with Nathan and her sharing a mango on top of the hill?  Did anyone see the silver car driving down the mountain in the background between them?
[right][snapback]797105[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No, I didn't. You know way too much. :sweat: This is why I won't go to any fan sites. I'd get way tooo drawn in. So, is the car an accident (not supposed to be there) or a mystery (some plot eliment)?

I think it is just a goof---there have been many on the show, and if you watch carefully the season 1 DVDs you can find them. Boats in the background, microphones, reflections of the camera men etc.

Unless the 'Others' have a car, ....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='raptor13' date='Jan 11 2006, 09:39 PM']what did u guys think of the new episode (on Jan 11)?
[right][snapback]853527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
A-mazing!!! I'll probably have to wait until this season comes out on DVD to watch the rest of it. Last night's episode just made me wonder who is really evil and who isn't. I love the flashbacks, but sometimes they just leave me with more questions than answers.

homeschoolmom

I've always liked Mr. Ecko. Now I want to know if he really is a priest or just thinks he is, wants to be or whatever... Did he go to seminary after the plane took off? Turn his life around...

I have a few questions, though. Why would a drug smuggling plane that took off from Nigeria crash on the same island that an Australia to LA bound plane would crash on? Where was it going? Why are the smuggling cocaine? They don't grow cocaine in Africa, do they?

BTW, I missed the entire recap hour (no biggie-- I've seen them all) and the first 15-20 minutes of the new ep. So, if someone could recap the first few scenes for me, that'd be great. thanks.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 12 2006, 12:11 PM']I've always liked Mr. Ecko. Now I want to know if he really is a priest or just thinks he is, wants to be or whatever... Did he go to seminary after the plane took off? Turn his life around...
[right][snapback]854005[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I like Mr. Ecko, too. I mean, he can stop the creepy black smoke thing. I doubt he went to seminary and stuff. But I wouldn't be surprised if more flashbacks about his life show him repenting for his actions.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 12 2006, 12:11 PM']I have a few questions, though. Why would a drug smuggling plane that took off from Nigeria crash on the same island that an Australia to LA bound plane would crash on? Where was it going? Why are the smuggling cocaine? They don't grow cocaine in Africa, do they?
[right][snapback]854005[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Weeeelllllll... if you're the older, bald guy (I forget his name), then clearly it's fate (and the island.... dun dun DUN!) that brought both the planes down on that specific island. I think they were smuggling the cocaine out in the first place b/c they didn't want it in Nigeria. Apparently they're not into that stuff there. (According to Wikipedia, it's illegal to even be seen with cocaine in Nigeria.) Most cocaine production is done in Central and South America. Anyway, I hope we learn more about Ecko's drug lord connections outside of Nigera (perhaps in Australia).

That was like the most awesome episode ever! I think at one point in the show, Locke decided that the bodies of the drug smugglers must have been on the island for like two to ten years or something, so that means that Ecko was still back in Nigeria for a long time before the plane took off. I wouldn't be suprised if he went to the seminary and everything. Remember we still have to see why he was in Austrailia in the first place. Anyway that was like the most awesome episide and lost is the coolest tv show. I am completely and hopelessly addicted.

PadreSantiago

mr. eko goes hard in the paint! Someone said something about them getting off the island the show would end. Not so, not if the inhabitants on the island are the last human beings on the planet. Imagine they finally get off the island to civilization only to find all the cities deserted. Also I loved when they watched the film from the dharma corp. that guy whose behind it all is a total robot. that man is not human

Edited by PadreSantiago

It was an awesome episode, but wow, almost jumped the shark for me when Ecko was nose to nose with the nano-monster. They better get the 'concrete scientific explanation' to us quickly, or I will expect Peter and the Lost Boys to show up next...

You are right--we need to find out why Ecko was in Australia. Did he go to Seminary or not, cuz if not I am NOT happy with him impersonating a priest.

And geeze, Claire, take a chill pill. Like Charlie is gonna give Aaron drugs in his baby food? Sheesh.