An Old School Catholic Message Board

LOST tv show

PhillyMatt

homeschoolmom

[quote name='annie' date='Jan 13 2006, 07:53 AM']It was an awesome episode, but wow, almost jumped the shark for me when Ecko was nose to nose with the nano-monster.  They better get the 'concrete scientific explanation' to us quickly, or I will expect Peter and the Lost Boys to show up next...

You are right--we need to find out why Ecko was in Australia.  Did he go to Seminary or not, cuz if not I am NOT happy with him impersonating a priest. 

And geeze, Claire, take a chill pill.  Like Charlie is gonna give Aaron drugs in his baby food?  Sheesh.
[right][snapback]854910[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yep, yep and yep.

Maybe he was at seminary in Australia...

I think he really is an ordained priest by the time he was on the island.

At the very end, when Charlie asks him if he was a priest, he says "yes."

When he was revealing the hidden clip of projector tape to Locke, he goes on this 5 minute explanation of a story in the Bible of Jewish king finding a book in the treasury.... hardly something a mere gangster would know.

His brother made it clear that it took more than a signature to make a priest.. I dont think he would insult his brother's memory by not becoming truly ordained when changing his life around.

God the Father

[quote name='PhillyMatt' date='Nov 16 2005, 12:41 PM']It has great writing and is very entertaining.

You knew the ship was gonna sink in Titanic, but you watched it anyway.
[right][snapback]791684[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Titanic was awful. There was only one good part in the whole movie. ;)

I think Lost would be better if it was a bunch of people trying to survive on (or get off of) an island, and there were no ooglie-booglies or monsters of INDIANS or ghosts and other assorted things that go bump in the night.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='raptor13' date='Jan 13 2006, 05:15 PM']When he was revealing the hidden clip of projector tape to Locke, he goes on this 5 minute explanation of a story in the Bible of  Jewish king finding a book in the treasury.... hardly something a mere gangster would know.[right][snapback]855442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I loved it when he told the story of Josiah. That was really great....

Yeah, and personally I would like to know WHO on the island is doing the eyebrow waxing, root coloring and bleaching of white clothing items. Ana Lucia surely has a genetic predisposition to a UNI-brow, and sheesh, she is plucked neatly for spending most of her time foraging for coconuts and gunning down 'others'... and they sure have had nice clean clothes all these 40 days--good grief, my CLEAN clothes packed in a suitcase for a four hour flight come out looking worse than most of the stuff they are wearing, even if they have been in a suitcase, it has been 40 plus days at least, ......

In case you missed last week's new episode, ABC is going to run it this week right before the new episode. Hopefully, I'll have my VCR running by then and I can tape it! :clap:

Is it true if you slow down the speed, frame by frame, that the 'black smoke/nanobots' that Ecko stares down actually have images from his past life in them?

PadreSantiago

I didn't slow it down but i definately saw faces in the smoke cloud. To me it looked like Walt though. See they need people like walt to stabilize the nanomachines! They need the guidance of a powerful mind....i think that thing traps your soul or spirit maybe i don't know

Edited by PadreSantiago

homeschoolmom

Anyone wonder why Jack didn't ask the Other guy more questions last night? Like "How the heck do we get off this island?"

PadreSantiago

i remember when locke and boon first found the plane and the dead priest locke said something about it being on the island a long time like more than 10 years. That's plenty of time for Mr. Eko to truly become a priest and leave behind all his gangster past. They don't give timeframes on this show but you can bet there will be another episode for mr eko that will fill in the gaps.

Edited by PadreSantiago