An Old School Catholic Message Board

LOST tv show

PhillyMatt

I know this should go in the Open Mic Thread under the topic "Letters to Inanimate Objects," but it seems more appropriate to put it here....

[quote]Dear VCR,
THANK YOU for working and taping LOST for me. I know you understand how sad I am that I have to sit in "Fundamentals of Catholic Morality" for three hours every Wednesday night, but it's really a fun class. I am just so pleased that you will tape this fabulous show for me so I can watch it.

Thankfully,
Shortnun[/quote]

Beyond that... my reaction is thus: First, I heard that Sawyer was voted (on some silly poll that was read on the radio this morning) to be more attractive than Dr. Jack. Clearly this is a falsehood. Matthew Fox is more attractive than Josh Holloway.

Second, I :love: Dominic Monaghan even if the dye job on his hair is [i]terrible [/i]and his beard is scruffy. But seriously, he needs a shrink on the island so he can tell everyone about his desire to save children and need to be part of a family...... on a semi-related note, I'm taking a Christian Initiation course, and we're looking at the history of baptism. And, I'm very tempted to bring my tape in and have us examine it as a contemporary explanation of "baptism." I must say that Mr. Ecko (who I'm betting really is a priest) was very pastoral in his approach to Claire. He wouldn't stand for having Aaron baptized just to "get him into heaven."

Anyone else have thoughts on last night's episode...........? :)

One word for last night's episode: awesome!!!!!!

Lost is just the greatest show ever and I am totally obsessed. Eko and Charlie are the greatest characters. i hope they show more of them soon instead of episodes with Jack and Kate.

I just love how the show incorporates religion. There are of couse a few inaccuracies but for the most part it seems pretty good especially the way in which they have already portrayed two of the sacraments. Awesome!!

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:50 PM']please let them kill off ana lucia and claire soon.  They are the worst actors on the show and they stick out like a sore thumb.
[right][snapback]859057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't mind if they keep Claire, but Ana Lucia and Sawyer have [i]got[/i] to go. :maddest:

[quote name='Tindomiel' date='Jan 31 2006, 11:43 AM']I don't mind if they keep Claire, but Ana Lucia and Sawyer have [i]got[/i] to go. :maddest:
[right][snapback]871065[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree... I really like Claire. But I heard on the radio that even the writers want Ana Lucia's character to go b/c the actress is a PAIN IN THE NECK.... Of course this is just here say (not to be confused with heresey :he he:). And Sawyer bugs me, but not even half as much as Ana Lucia does.

*still depressed that this week was a repeat*

[quote]I agree... I really like Claire. But I heard on the radio that even the writers want Ana Lucia's character to go b/c the actress is a PAIN IN THE NECK.... Of course this is just here say (not to be confused with heresey :he he:). And Sawyer bugs me, but not even half as much as Ana Lucia does.[/quote]My sentiments exactly.

[quote name='annie' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:53 AM']It was an awesome episode, but wow, almost jumped the shark for me when Ecko was nose to nose with the nano-monster.  They better get the 'concrete scientific explanation' to us quickly, or I will expect Peter and the Lost Boys to show up next...

You are right--we need to find out why Ecko was in Australia.  Did he go to Seminary or not, cuz if not I am NOT happy with him impersonating a priest. 

And geeze, Claire, take a chill pill.  Like Charlie is gonna give Aaron drugs in his baby food?  Sheesh.
[/quote]
I think you better get yourself prepared for a very un-scientific explanation for the smoke creatures. They've hinted at supernatural happenings...the polar bears, Walt, the numbers.

I think Eko is a self-appointed priest. I just don't have the feeling that he actually went to seminary.

You really think a mother isn't entitled to be a bit overly watchful around a heroin addict? One who lies to your face?

I watched an episode of 24 at a friend's house and became addicted.
I wasted many hours of my life watching seasons 1, 3, 4 and the current season 5

When I ran out of 24 (not being able to find season 2), I wanted to fill the void with something else - - something to watch while posting on phatmass and supporting other addictions.

because of all the hype, I checked out lost . . . watched the whole first season.

personal opinion: if 24 is a 10, lost is a 4.

I just don't get into all the fantasy, superstition, jinks, etc... stuff.

But I totally respect all of you who love it. :cool:

A (lame) riddle:

What do 24 and LOST have in common?

HOBBITS!!!

[img]http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/4/47304_wallpaper280.jpg[/img]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Samwise.jpg[/img]

Excelsior1027

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 9 2006, 06:41 PM']So... Sawyer's in charge now, eh? I'll bet he's dead within four episodes...
[right][snapback]882161[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And I actually thought he was getting to be a better person...

One thing I noticed about the last episode, though, when Sun was alone in her garden: if she was really alone, wouldn't she be speaking in her native tongue of Korean when she spoke to the dog, Vincet? I dunno, maybe I'm paying too close attention, lol.

homeschoolmom

Yeah, that's a good point. But since she's been speaking English like 75% of the time, maybe it's sticking in her head.

I just think it was stupid for her (or anyone) to be out anywhere alone.

That Vincent-- he's trouble. Whenever he shows up-- BAM! something bad happens.

She might've thought of it as an American dog like its owner. Not that the dog could understand anyway.

My parents literally stop in their tracks and listen whenever they hear Sun or Jin speaking in Korean on the show--it astounds them that there are real, live Koreans speaking Korean on an American show! :hehe: The last time I was watching it, my dad stopped and pointed and said "Did you know? She's Korean!" "...yes, I was the one who told you about it in the first place..."

It actually kind of surprised me, too, though. And I think it's so funny that it's Sun who speaks English when Jin's Korean is SO BAD (or it was--it got better as the show progressed, and his American accent went away a little bit).