An Old School Catholic Message Board

LOST tv show

PhillyMatt

homeschoolmom

I always suspect that they are faking... something like:

Jin: "What the heck were you doing in my dressing room?"

Sun: "I told you, I was looking for you so we could go over your lines in Korean. You stink, you know."

Jin: "I really can't stand working with you. I hope you are the next one that the writers nab by the Others. And by the way, you're way overpaid."

Sun: "Oh yeah? You should talk."

Sun to everyone else. "He said that he saw Sawyer heading down toward the Hatch..."

[quote name='jiyoung' date='Feb 11 2006, 02:42 AM'] And I think it's so funny that it's Sun who speaks English when Jin's Korean is SO BAD (or it was--it got better as the show progressed, and his American accent went away a little bit).
[right][snapback]883729[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I saw him on a talkshow the other week. He was really hilarious. He kept making fun of how he had to re-learn Korean for the show. And how he really does speak it with an American accent.

In other news, I think if Sawyer is killed next, it'll make for a really great episode. But what would happen if they killed Locke next?!?!?! :idontknow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 14 2006, 10:11 AM']I don't think they'll kill Locke yet. There's still a lot of backstory to tell...
[right][snapback]887022[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ah yes, this is true. I didn't think so much about that. And I'm sure his backstory is very interesting. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed before the season is over. I mean, the writers aren't giving people a good chance of living......

LESS THAN 24 HOURS UNTIL A NEW EPISODE!!! :clap: :breakdance:

homeschoolmom

Not my favorite episode... too much torture... and it looks like next week's going to be a rerun... "Coming up on Lost" rather than "Next week on Lost..."

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 15 2006, 09:46 PM']Not my favorite episode... too much torture... and it looks like next week's going to be a rerun... "Coming up on Lost" rather than "Next week on Lost..."
[right][snapback]888861[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No, not my favorite one at all! :ohno: And I'm saddened that I don't at least have something new to look forward to for next week.

But......... is the guy from MN an "other"? This is the real question. (And, why would you want to try to cross the Pacific in a hot air balloon? :idontknow: ) And, why did Sayid tell Charlie? (I missed the episode where Claire was taken away and so forth... it was before I became obsessed.)

Edited by shortnun

Hi everyone, this is annie, but I had to change my name, some computer glitch..

Wow, that episode was bizzarre---Did you like Kate's Dad? With her teenage picture? And the head soldier--who gave Sayid the $$$, whassup with him? Speaks the language, but doesn't tell him til the end? Like he knows something? Log that dude in your memory--HE will pop up again!

Ok, and that MN guy--NICE smirk after the beatings---HE IS AN 'Other' for sure! PSY--CHO!!!! He looked a lot like ETHAN in that shot.

Did you like all the references to THE WIZARD OF OZ???? The balloon, the name HENRY (farmhand who became the cowardly lion) and his last name which was Dorothy's I believe in the movie.

What the heck are NON-METALLIC metals?? Wuh?

I think Jack asked the wrong person to build an army---Sayid would be the prime choice!

I, too, am miffed that next week's epi is a rerun of the pilot---grrr, we all have that on DVD anyway!!!

OK, biggest complaint----PC reference to AMERICANs as the CAUSE of the IRAQUI torture methods. C O M E O N ----like the IRaquis needed Americans to teach them how to be nasty? LIKE Sayid was so gentle and humble and was 'poisoned' by our American soldiers????

homeschoolmom

Yeah, I very much did not like the "americans teach iraqis how to torture" theme. But I knew it would come eventually....

[quote name='MRSannie' date='Feb 17 2006, 08:18 AM']Did you like all the references to THE WIZARD OF OZ????  The balloon, the name HENRY (farmhand who became the cowardly lion) and his last name which was Dorothy's I believe in the movie. 
[right][snapback]890269[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Holy WOW.... I wouldn't have caught this AT ALL!!! I only watched the second half of the first season, and then missed a few episodes earlier this season.... so I am in huge need to someone to enlighten me about all the hidden stuff on the show (the numbers, the WofO references, etc etc etc). ^_^

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 17 2006, 10:25 AM']Yeah, I very much did not like the "americans teach iraqis how to torture" theme. But I knew it would come eventually....
[right][snapback]890350[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I concur. >:(

ooooh, and when they were dragging the MN guy into the armory, there was a framed pic of a hot air balloon on the wall---he might be a balloonist, but I think he is a liar!

Now, maybe Henry was the uncle's name in the wizard of oz---but there were definitely references to it!!

homeschoolmom

Henry Gale is the name of Dorothy's uncle-- good catch. And of course, there's a balloon in that story. He's got to be a liar-- who in there right mind would balloon across the ocean? Let alone the PACIFIC ocean, for pete's sake? Maybe he was trying to get to Oz.

Any idea what the hieroglifics were?

On the ABC Lost website there were several discussions of the hieroglyphics. Apparantly they translated to 'to not live' i.e., to die. Hmmm. -----
I am sure as time passes there will be more investigations into it.

Where oh where is Desmond? Come back, brotha!