An Old School Catholic Message Board

Youth Books!

Ora et Labora

Ora et Labora

Could you guys tell me if you know any Catholic Youth books. They can be novels, or other sorts of Catholic books. I love to read! I have Regina Domain's books and they are awesome and they have really inspired me!

Thanks,
~Kristina

Btw, I also love Literature, so if you have any Literature books (Catholic Lit. World Lit. it doesnt matter), that you know of, if you could also share those, that would be great!

I'll answer this.
First, there really arnt too many Catholic fictional books. Sorry. There are like little kid Catholic books but not youth fiction. Wait 5 yrs though, maybe some FUS students will get on that one.
Here are some books about the faith for the youth though:

Fr. Stan Fortuna's books
The Catholic Youth Survival Guide by Eric J. Westby
If You Really Loved Me by Jason Evert
there is also a really good book sold in my school bookstore but i forgot the name. Hope this helped a bit.

+Pax+
Mel

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:08 PM']Could you guys tell me if you know any Catholic Youth books. They can be novels, or other sorts of Catholic books. I love to read! I have Regina Domain's books and they are awesome and they have really inspired me!

Thanks,
~Kristina

Btw, I also love Literature, so if you have any Literature books (Catholic Lit. World Lit. it doesnt matter), that you know of, if you could also share those, that would be great!
[right][snapback]793560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]It's a little known secret, but my mom was the librarian at a Catholic school for 25 years. What sort of books do you want. What age group, general topic, etc. I'll pass it on.

JasJis,

She's my sister so I'll fill you in. She wants books for like a 13-17 age range, not TOO "chick-flick-ish", but definitely not an all-out boys' book. She likes Regina Doman's books (well, so do I :)) and she likes books that keep you on the edge of your seat.
However, she doesn't have time for these kinds of books because she has a lot of school to do.
So please don't recommend any. Thank you.

:P:

Lauren :saint:

Edited by Totus Tuus

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 17 2005, 11:04 PM']JasJis,

She's my sister so I'll fill you in. She wants books for like a 13-17 age range, not TOO "chick-flick-ish", but definitely not an all-out boys' book. She likes Regina Doman's books (well, so do I :)) and she likes books that keep you on the edge of your seat.
However, she doesn't have time for these kinds of books because she has a lot of school to do.
So please don't recommend any. Thank you.

:P:

Lauren  :saint:
[right][snapback]793759[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:huh:

I wanted to know, so, when I'm caught up I can read them!

:maddest:

Lauren...stay out of this... :P: Your not even going to finish!!! So there! <_<

~Kristina

Ora et Labora

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:30 AM']hey what about the lion the witch and the wardrobe?  That's a great book!
[right][snapback]793860[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm reading those for the second tiime to my little sister. I know, there great. :)

~Kristina

No. Pierced by a Sword isn't good for that age group. The Bronze Bow is a good thinker of a book. It'll expand your perspective. It's about a teen age boy during the time of Jesus who lives in Capernum. Gives you a little bit of historical perspective. Read that and let me know if that strikes your fancy.

franciscanheart

[quote name='jasJis' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:55 AM']No.  Pierced by a Sword isn't good for that age group.  The Bronze Bow is a good thinker of a book.  It'll expand your perspective.  It's about a teen age boy during the time of Jesus who lives in Capernum.  Gives you a little bit of historical perspective.  Read that and let me know if that strikes your fancy.
[right][snapback]794216[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i read that book when i was younger. i liked it. :) (of course i was much younger - this was before i turned 13 - im sure i didnt get everything... maybe i should read it again haha)