An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass monks?

Era Might

I know we have quite a few Phatmassers entering the convent, but I haven't really seen any Phatmass males entering the monastery. Have I missed them? Show yourselves! :P:

Edited by Era Might

[quote name='friarMatt' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:33 AM']i am not a monk....i am a Franciscan friar...us mendicants were a later reform movement in the church...does that count?
[right][snapback]793865[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha. Sure. I know we have at least one other Franciscan (Cappie).

I haven't see anyone entering a monastery though. Obviously, we won't have any monks chatting it up on the phorum. I doubt they have DSL in their cells. :blush:

We have to have at least ONE phatmasser that's gonna become a monk. :idontknow:

franciscanheart

[quote name='friarMatt' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:33 AM']i am not a monk....i am a Franciscan friar...us mendicants were a later reform movement in the church...does that count?
[right][snapback]793865[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:love: franciscan friars are the bomb. im so in love with your order and what you guys do.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Monk, as in living in a monastery, with an abbot and all that stuff...
that i am not.

I just entered and am a prenovice with Mendicant Friars as well, with the Augustinian Friars namely. The place i live in is called St. Augustine's Monastery. but it is a monastery in name only.

SHALOM

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I thought about it, but I didn't have to go to far befoe I realized that it is not my vocation. Although I have always dreamed about becoming a hermit after retirement.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Nov 22 2005, 03:45 AM']I'm looking into carmelite Monks
[right][snapback]797545[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Carmelite :cool:
thats awesome

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Rick777' date='Nov 22 2005, 02:45 AM']I'm looking into carmelite Monks
[right][snapback]797545[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Which ones the O Carm.'s, the Discalced Carmelites? Or another?

I did a little bit of discerning with the Discalced in California, they were like second on my list. Well not really, i am not looking back, but i was impressed with their novitiate. The cool thing was when i learned that it was the same as the Augustinian novitiate.

SHALOM

[quote name='DAF' date='Nov 24 2005, 12:48 AM']As I've said a number of times, I've got my heart set on the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal *hearts and daisies*
[right][snapback]799485[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sweetness! That is an AWESOME Order :)

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

we should found an order of monks called the phatmass monks. and we could celebrate the latin Novus ordo. I can see it now it would be great.