An Old School Catholic Message Board

HEY EVERYBODY

brendan1104

Karin! Welcome back! I hope you had a great time with the nuns. We were all so worried about you and the Sisters when Hurricane Katrina hit, I'm so glad you're all okay!

I know you probably need time to decompress, but when you're ready, please tell us how it was!! What was everyday life like? How is Sr. Marjorie doing? Do you have a better insight into your vocation now? How is your family dealing with everything?

Anyway, you have my prayers!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 26 2005, 08:53 PM']i wan to know EVERYTHING, because the Lockport dominicans want tme to come asap, i think i'm going in january!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]801181[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
OKAY :idontknow: have a nice time. :topsy:

Karin how was it? (Dumb question) :D: Do you have pictures?
What I am interested in learning about is their spiritual practices.

Do you know when you'll be going back?

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 27 2005, 02:53 AM']OKAY  :idontknow: have a nice time. :topsy:

[right][snapback]801452[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OKay opher what was that for???

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 27 2005, 03:18 PM']OKay opher what was that for???
[right][snapback]801654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am sure she didn't mean anything by that hon. I am happy that your going to go and visit the Lockport Dominicans this January. I pray that God will let you know His will for your life hon! Prayers for you and your vocation hon

In JMJ

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Nov 27 2005, 05:23 PM']I am sure she didn't mean anything by that hon.  I am happy that your going to go and visit the Lockport Dominicans this January.  I pray that God will let you know His will for your life hon!  Prayers for you and your vocation hon

In JMJ
[right][snapback]801834[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thank you for defending me.
What I meant Nicole by "have a nice time" was HAVE A NICE TIME.

Go, visit, meet the sisters, learn whether or not that is where GOD wants you. Take the opportunity to look at your vocation. Learn more about yourself and where your place in the world might be.

No reason to be paranoid. Remember the PM I sent you when I said "no one was out to get you. People aren't that interested."

HAVE A NICE TIME MEANS EXACTLY THAT.
Sheesh. I was trying to be nice. :scratchhead: :wall:

Edited by ofpheritup

Everyday life there was absolutely beautiful. We chanted the entire Divine Office daily and there was daily mass and adoration. I was able to help with the work of the community and it was definately insightful for my vocation. I am not sure when i am going back it all dependsa on how soon i can convince my parents to let me go back on my 18th birthday whichever comes first. It is such an amazing community and the Sisters are awesome. Sister Marjorie is doing well and she is very happy. it was good to meet her. Ask more specific questions it's easier to answer those then just like asking me to tell you everything. I love it there very mucyh and i am homesick for the monastery very badly. my family missed me alot i guess but I was so happy i didnt really miss them, much i was so preoccupied with Jesus ;).

Oh wow Karin. It sounds lovely. I'm glad it was such a beautiful time for you. Hmmm, specific questions...

Uhm.....were you ever allowed to rise at midnight on any solemnities? What was it like with only three Sisters? Did you join in the postulant classes with Sr Marjorie? oh I can't remember my questions any more.....

With 3 sisters it had a vey family like atmosphere. I cant wait until I am apart of building up such a beautiful community. i was in the postulant classes with Sister Marjorie because with an aspirant you basiclly live the life of a postulant. In the classes we learned about the Rule of Saint Augustine which is the rule Dominicans live by and we learned about Sacred Scripture and Monastic Decorum and Liturgical Prayer and things like that. The postulants are not allowed to rise at midnight on big feast and solenmities but the professed do rise and say matins at that time.