An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visiting OLAM!

Marieteresa

Hey fokies,

After prayer and careful consideration I will be visiting OLAM this week. This is my last stop before I finally come to a decision of whether I will finish my application process with Carmel or go to the come and see this spring at Our Lady of Solitude. As you guys know its been a long journey and throughout this whole trip I have been torn between PCPA and Carmel. I praying that going to OLAM and living their schedule will shed some light on whether or not PCPA is for me. I pray that Our Lord will speak to my heart while I am there and I will accept whatever His will is for me. Lastly because I will be there from Dec 2-7 I will get a chance to meet a fellow PM'er whom will be entering on the 8th so that will be great!! Please pray for me as I will be praying for you. Oh, yeah I forgot to add that I am discerning the PCPA's at Our Lady of Solitude but since they don't have a monastery I have been allowed to visit OLAM to get a feel for PCPA life.

In JMJ

Edited by Marieteresa

Just wondering having any of you guys visited OLAM...Meaning discerned there life living as an extern?? I know Lauren told me alittle about it. I am just a little nervous because I don't know what to expect, because with the particular Carmel I am considering they don't allow Aspirancy they consider the postulancy the aspirancy. Any input would be great!

In JMJ

Hey, Just wondering about you guys whom have lived in a monastery or visited. How do adjust to their schedule?? Of getting up at 3am or 12 midnight

In JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

It helps when Daylight savings time ends... :P: but Divine Grace helps one to adjust... last time I visited, I woke up for Matins at midnight and rose at 5 for Lauds every night after coming from my sleeping in late schedule from school. He supplies the grace needed. ;)

Spent alot of time at a monastery, and found early rising very, very difficult, but doable! The spirit may be willing, but the flesh is weak indeed. Just seeing the other sisters getting up, no grumbling, inspiried me. Dont laugh, but it is so quiet in the convent. My stomach used to growl in the early morning, it was embarrasing. I felt everyone could hear it, but they couldn't. I will never forget that!!
alicemary

Well dearies,

A hours to go before I begin the drive to Hanceville, I am still sacred out of my mind!! I am so nervous and excited about this!! Please again keep me in your prayers as I begin the 10 hour drive.

In JMJ

Guest sacredhope

Hi! I stumbled upon this sight by accident ? :) More like Divine Providence. My son is a Knight of the Holy Eucharist at OLAM. Would someone who is there show him this site? (Lauren?) It is funny he mentioned you by name yesterday when we spoke to him over the phone, mentioning you were entering on the Feat of teh Immaculate Conception. Small world...I would say so!!
Tomorrow is his "Brother Austin's 19th birthday - Please wish him a happy birthday from his mom.
I have only one hour left of a nine hour novena to the Infant of Prague and then off to bed. May God Bless and Reward all of you for considering vocations. I am responsible for an Adoration program at our parish and I will add you all to our daily intention sign in sheet as we sit before Our Divine King.

OH MY GOSH! You’re Br. Austin’s Mom? What a small world! Wow. I’m Lauren :)

Actually I’m going up on Monday and I’m bringing a CD for Br. Austin to give him for his birthday, which is today! I’m entering Thursday. So I’ll see you there sometime!

I gave this website to Br. David and told him to tell the Knights about it. I haven’t seen any of them post yet, but God-willing they will sometime soon. I'll certainly remind them in case he lost the URL or something.

God bless you :D:

By the way, you should be very proud of your son :)

Edited by Totus Tuus