An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning choices

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

What is your favorite color?
What covent or abby would you like to enter?????
Favorite saint:
Devotions:
Name you would like to take and why:
Favorite feast day:
Favorite food:
Favorite animal:
The food you hate the most:
Hardest part of your discernment:
Anything you like to add?

DiscerningSoul

What is your favorite color? Purple
What covent or abby would you like to enter? Lockport Domincans
Favorite saint: St. Rose of Lima
Devotions: Poor souls in purgatory
Name you would like to take and why: Sister Mary Peter Immaculata of the passion; Peter for my home parish, Immaculata a novice who lit the flame in my heart to be united with our Lord, and passion to suffer for unsaved souls.
Favorite feast day: Holy Innocents
Favorite food: Lobster
Favorite animal: Horse
The food you hate the most: creamed spinish
Hardest part of your discernment: waiting
Anything you like to add? If your going to follow footsteps follow Jesus, he will never lead you astray.
;)

Well, I'm not sure if this is meant for me, but here goes, lol

What is your favorite color? Blue
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? I'd like to be diocesan, but Companions of the Cross sounds cool too.
Favorite saint: St. Joseph & St. Michael
Devotions: I don't know what you mean by this.
Name you would like to take and why: Fr. Thomas, lol, it's my name....
Favorite feast day: Pentecost
Favorite food: Chicken
Favorite animal: Cats
The food you hate the most: Coffee
Hardest part of your discernment: Discerning
Anything you like to add? Not really.

What is your favorite color? brown ;)
What covent or abby would you like to enter? good question :D: either Eindhoven PCC's or cloistered Dominicans
Favorite saint: oooh, I love all saints, but I particularly :love: St Francis of Assisi, St Clare, St Elizabeth of Hungary, St Maximilian Kolbe, St John Vianney, St Therese of Lisieux, St John of the Cross, St Bonaventure, St Thomas Aquinass, Bl Elizabeth of the Trinity and St Catherine of Siena.
Devotions: to pray for vocations in NZ, NZ to become a Catholic country, and for abortion to stop.
Name you would like to take and why: either Sr Veronica Maria of His Holy Face (I have a huge devotion to our Lords Passion) OR Sr Maria Elizabeth of the Indwelling Trinity ( :love: ) but I really only want what Jesus wants
Favorite feast day: The Presentation of our Lord (Feb 2) Trinity Sunday, Corpus Christi, and any Marian feast day.
Favorite food: chocolate :blush:
Favorite animal: don't really like animals....maybe the sloth? :P:
The food you hate the most: most meat
Hardest part of your discernment: telling my parents
Anything you like to add? Give your vocation to our Lady, pray the Rosary everyday, go to confession as often as possible, daily Mass and frequent Adoration and above all, trust in the Lord, He only wants whats best for you!!!!!!!!!! He's tapping on your shoulder because He loves you!!!!!!! :D: :love: :love: :love: and tell Him every day how much you love Him. :love:

[u]What is your favorite color: [/u][b]Blue[/b]
[u]What covent or abby would you like to enter:[/u] [b]A Dominican one![/b]
[u]Favorite saint:[/u] Mostly Dominicans (what a surprise!)- [b]Aquinas, Catherine of Siena, Dominic[/b]
[u]Devotions:[/u] [b]Increase in religious vocations[/b] and [b]catechesists[/b]
[u]Name you would like to take and why:[/u] [b]Corpus Christi[/b] or [b]Mary Madeleva[/b]
[u]Favorite feast day: [/u][b]Does Holy Thursday count?[/b]
[u]Favorite food:[/u] [b]CHOCOLATE[/b]
[u]Favorite animal: [/u][b]dogs[/b]
[u]The food you hate the most: [/u][b]banana flavored candy; liver; beef jerky[/b]
[u]Hardest part of your discernment:[/u] [b]...w...a...i...t...i...n...g...[/b]
[u]Anything you like to add? [/u][b] It's time for school... HAPPY MONDAY![/b]

daugher-of-Mary

What is your favorite color? blue!
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? *waiting and praying about that one!* Carmelite, PCPA, or Passionist
Favorite saint: St. John Vianney, the Beloved disciple, St. Therese, Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Faustina, St. John Bosco, St. Bonaventure, Bl. Charles Foucald
Devotions: prayer for priests, Sacred Hearts, and Divine Mercy
Name you would like to take and why: Sr. Miriam John of Christ Crucified or of the Pierced Heart of Christ(Miriam for our Mom, John for the Disciple who listened to the beating of Christ's Heart, for St. John Vianney, and for servant of God John Paul II...Christ crucified because he became broken like His little brides. The cross is such an amazing witness to Mercy...the Pierced Heart, well, I could go on about that forever! From that Heart all Mercy flows!) Whatever my superior chooses though!
Favorite feast day: Divine Mercy Sunday, and First Fridays
Favorite food: applesauce. yum!
Favorite animal: dogs
The food you hate the most: carrot soup
Hardest part of your discernment: LISTENING! and waiting!

What is your favorite color? Brown, pink, black, purple
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? I have NO idea!! :P:
Favorite saint: St. Faustina, St. Therese, St. Theresa of Avila, St. Francis, St. Dominic, St. Clare, St. Augustine!!!
Devotions: Divine Mercy, rosary, Holy Souls in Purgatory, praying for priests, praying for the unborn, etc
Name you would like to take and why: Sr. Mary Faustina of the Precious Blood (I changed my mind!) I have a great devotion to Mary and to the Divine Mercy, and His Most Precious Blood because he shed it for us!
Favorite feast day: Divine Mercy Sunday, Easter
Favorite food: sushi
Favorite animal: lamb :)
The food you hate the most: pasta
Hardest part of your discernment: listening for God's call
Anything you like to add? Be patient and willing!

[b]What is your favorite color?[/b] Emerald green.

[b]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b] I'm discerning the Jesuits, the Carthusians, and the diocesan priesthood.

[b]Favorite saint:[/b] St. Ignatius of Loyola, St. Jean de Brebeuf, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, St. Bruno.

[b]Devotions:[/b] The Rosary.

[b]Name you would like to take and why:[/b] If all goes as hoped, it looks like it may be simply Fr. Nathan.

[b]Favorite feast day:[/b] I'm not sure! Still figuring that out.

[b]Favorite food:[/b] Cheeseburgers & fries.

[b]Favorite animal:[/b] Small dogs, like chihuahuas.

[b]The food you hate the most:[/b] I'm one of those rare people who likes all food.

[b]Hardest part of your discernment:[/b] Waiting.

[b]Anything you like to add?[/b] Nope!

TheOliverOrder88

Favorite Color: Red

Convent or Abbey: oh man, uh Franciscans OFM or TOR, probably where I am most needed...the Diocese, maybe the Christian Brothers :idontknow:

Favorite Saint: St. Francis of Assisi, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Mary, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, any martyr I am just in love with.

Devotions: The Rosary, any particular Novena, Scripture Reading, Catechism Reading, mystical theology

Name: Father Josh, Friar Josh :idontknow:

Feast Day: St. Francis of Assisi, or St. Maxilmillian Kolbe

Favorite Food: Pizza and Burgers....oh my dear Lord. HONEY MUSTARD!

Favorite Animal: Penguins

Discerning: Waiting

This Part: For some reason I love doing these, maybe its because I love talking about myself. I am [i]that[/i] conceited

What is your favorite color? Blue
What covent or abby would you like to enter: Our Lady of Guadalupe Carmelite Monastery or Our Lady of Solidtue PCPA Monastery
Favorite saint: Hmm so many!! St. Teresa of Avila, St. Clare, St. Francis
Devotions: For the Souls in Purgatory, and those whom are without hope
Name you would like to take and why: Marie Teresa of the Sacred Heart of Jesus or Rose Marie of the Precious Blood of Jesus
Favorite feast day: Christ the King
Favorite food: Asian particularly Dim Sum
Favorite animal: Dog, well Westie
The food you hate the most: Raw Onions in anything!
Hardest part of your discernment: Trusting God with everything
Anything you like to add? Expect the unexpected!!

[color=blue]What is your favorite color?[/color] Blue, usually.

[color=red]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/color] The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

[color=purple]Favorite saint: [/color]St. Margaret Mary, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Hyacinth, Bl. Imelda

[color=orange]Devotions:[/color] The rosary, divine mercy chaplet, Sacred Heart, Infant of Prague

[color=yellow]Name you would like to take and why:[/color] Imelda Marie, or Catherine Imelda. Imelda's story is simply astounding, and Catherine has played a large part in my discernment. I think she 'adopted' me.

[color=gray]Favorite feast day: [/color]I don't think I have one.

[color=green]Favorite food: [/color]I just like food in general, although pasta is good.

[color=blue]Favorite animal:[/color] Either dog or fish

[color=red]The food you hate the most: [/color]soy coagulated milk

[color=purple]Hardest part of your discernment: [/color] making the descision to accept whatever God wills for me

[color=orange]Anything you like to add? [/color] This is the coolest quiz like this that I've ever done!

AlterDominicus

What is your favorite color? Red

What covent or abby would you like to enter????? The Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist

Favorite saint: Saint Dominic de Guzman

Devotions: John Paul The Great, Theresa de Jesus, Saint Faustina, Saint Therese the Little Flower, Saint Elizabeth of Hunrgy (skip it) The rosary, adoration, chaplet of divine mercy.

Name you would like to take and why: (Solemn Professed)=Sister Josepha MaterEucharistiae (or Eucharisti), because of the SMME newsletter, Mater Eucharistiae, means Mother of God. For a women we ARE ALL called to motherhood wheather, physical or spiritual.

Favorite feast day: ALL of the OUR LADY feast days, Assumptation, Christ the King, the Saints I listed above, All Saints Day, Annunication, and a few more.

Favorite food: Tuna Salad

Favorite animal: Birds (in general), bunnies.

The food you hate the most: Seafood, and most vegetables!

Hardest part of your discernment: The oppostition of non-supportive persons, and the obstacls you face along the way, along with a whole lot of tempation. :ohno:

Anything you like to add? "Your day will be an awesome God electriying, Spirit blazing, Christ acomin' day!" "Glory toGod in the highest!" "Beautiful One I love, Beautiful One I adore, Beautiful One my soul must sing!" "His love endures forever!" "Sing Praise!" "Yes Lord, Yes Lord, Yes, Yes Lord!" "The River of God sets our feet a dancing, the river of God fills our hearts with cheer, the river of God fills our mouths with laughter, we rejoice for the river is here!" "Our God is an awesome God!'

[color=blue][b]"BE NOT AFRAID!!!" ~ John Paul The Great
[/b][/color]

What is your favorite color?
Pink

What convent or abbey would you like to enter?????
The Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

Favorite saint:
I have a team: St Rose Philippine Duchesne, St. Francis, St. Clare, St Dominic, St. Max Kolbe, Bl. Mother Teresa, St. John Bosco, St. Andrew the Apostle, and Sts. Perptua and Felicity

Devotions:
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, First Friday, and the St. Louis Marie de Montfort Consecration

Name you would like to take and why:
I would love to take Marie Rose after my hometown girl, St. Rose Philippine Duchesne (My first house was down the street from her shrine on Duchesne Street), but I would also love to be named after Mother Teresa because I love everything she did and because I've helped her Sisters. My favorite title would have to be, "Of Our Lady, Cause of Our Joy" because that's the title of Mary with which I most identify.

Favorite feast day: The Ascension...It's Mary's Fiat and the moment of the incarnation! It's an awesome day!

Favorite food:
ice cream

Favorite animal:
cats

The food you hate the most:
hot dogs and peas...you couldn't make me eat one in a million years

Hardest part of your discernment:
It was to stop making excuses for why I shouldn't enter religious life, but now I think it will be actually following through and entering. I've

Have a nice day!

Ora et Labora

What is your favorite color? Green
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? Our Lady of the Angels Monastery
Favorite saint: Therese, Cure of Ars, Francis and Clare... so many!!
Devotions: Our Lady, Sacred Heart, and the Infant of Prague. I pray for the recollection of sinners and for the intentions people ask me to pray for.
Name you would like to take and why: Mary Magdalene of the Precious Feet of Jesus.
It's hard to explain. But who knows if that is what I will receive? Either way, that is my devotion... I want to be like Magdalene, a penitent at Jesus' Feet in the Blessed Sacrament.
Favorite feast day: Immaculate Conception (Easter is my favorite but that's a Solemnity)
Favorite food: Japanese and Vietnamese
Favorite animal: Dogs
The food you hate the most: Hmm.... mint jelly maybe.
Hardest part of your discernment: The period of not knowing where I was called and having to be patient with God, and then make my OWN definitive decision instead of waiting for a lightning bolt.