An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning choices

DiscerningSoul

What is your favorite color? Marian Blue
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? None.... Probably marriage... still discerning
Favorite saint: St. Norbert; Blessed Damien of Molokai; Bl. Edward Joannes Marie Poppe
Devotions: Rosary, divine mercy, fatima prayers
Name you would like to take and why: Confirmation name is a toss up between norbert, damien, and joannes
Favorite feast day: Christmas, Christ the kIng, Divine Mercy Sunday
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite animal: Koala Bear
The food you hate the most: left overs
Hardest part of your discernment: no comment
Anything you like to add? I like music. I'm going to major in music....

let_go_let_God

Ok, I know I'm not called to the religous life, but I want to do this anyway.

What is your favorite color? Blue

What covent or abby would you like to enter????? None, called to marrage

Favorite saint: St. Joan of Arc and St. Catherine of Alexandria (To name two)

Devotions: Devine Mercy Novena

Name you would like to take and why: Amanda Jean ******* I will take my husbands last name in marrage.

Favorite feast day: Besides Easter and Christmas, Corpus Christi and Divine Mercy Sunday

Favorite food: Chinese

Favorite animal: Hawk

The food you hate the most: Pea Soup

Hardest part of your discernment: Patience, I need more to wait for the day I can commit fully to God's will and enter into the vocation of marrage

Anything you like to add? God's will is so vast and wonderful. I can't wait to see where He is going to lead me next.

God bless-
LGLG

What is your favorite color? Blue, black or red
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? Fransicans or Dominicans.
Favorite saint: St. Frances, and St. Clare.
Devotions: Mary, my guardian angel, and Jesus
Name you would like to take and why: hmm... Sr. Clare Marie Therese, because I like St. Therese, St. Clare, and it would be pretty.
Favorite feast day: St. Francis, St. Clare, and St. Anne.
Favorite food: Pizza and reeses
Favorite animal: Horse and chicken
The food you hate the most: Sweet Potato.
Hardest part of your discernment: Which one to enter, and if I'm called.
Anything you like to add? your prayers please. It's been very difficult.

Guest JeffCR07

What is your favorite color? Blue
What covent or abby would you like to enter? Dominicans (Eastern Province)
Favorite saint: St. Anselm
Devotions: Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Adoration, Stations of the Cross
Name you would like to take and why: I have no idea...Anselm? lol
Favorite feast day: Immaculate Conception, St.s Peter and Paul, St. Dominic, St. Anselm
Favorite food: split between Spaghetti and Pad Thai
Favorite animal: wolf
The food you hate the most: Hearts of Palm
Hardest part of your discernment: discernment
Anything you like to add? please pray for a renewal of orthodoxy in the Church.

What is your favorite color? periwinkle
What convant or abby would you like to enter? Not sure
Favorite saint: St. Cecilia, St. Thomas More, St. Maximillian Kolbe
Devotions: Adoration, LOH, Rosary
Name you would like to take and why: Not sure
Favorite feast day: Easter Vigil (I know it's not really a feast day, but it's my favorite anyway! :D: )
Favorite food: spaghetti
Favorite animal: leapord gecko
The food you hate the most: brussel sprouts
Hardest part of your discernment: be patient & listenint
Anything you like to add?

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought it would be fun.

[DiscerningSoul,Nov 27 2005, 11:17 PM]
What is your favorite color?
**Yellow

What covent or abby would you like to enter?????
**Still discerning that but it's cloistered contemplative

Favorite saint:
**Our blessed mother (My patron!) St. Teresa of Avila, St. Clare and St. Francis (I can't just chose one!)

Devotions:
**True Devotion to Our blessed mother, Devotion to the Holy spirit and to all the saints above also Adoration and the crown of thorns..

Name you would like to take and why:
**If I'm able to chose depending on the order would be Sister Rita Marie of the Crown of Thorns (if I could have an ending0

Favorite feast day:
**St. Teresa of Avila, St. Clare and the Immaculate Conception

Favorite food:
**Yogurt, pasta and mint choc chip icecream

Favorite animal:
**cat, dog, horses

The food you hate the most:
**Brocolli and Brussel Sprouts

Hardest part of your discernment:
**its' really been a most gracefilled and wonderful journey but I"d have to say getting down to the last few I've felt a great desire to and knowing which one is "the one" and then going to those I'm not called to, kinda sad in a way after discerning with them for a while.

**I am so grateful to our lord for all he's done for me and I pray for all of you as you discern our lords will in your lives!!

Edited by TeresaAvila

Laurentina1975

What is your favorite color?
Sky Blue

What covent or abby would you like to enter?????
SSFCRS, The Daughters...maybe FSCC's...I dunno..Still discerning that.

Favorite saint:
Faustina

Devotions:
Divine Mercy

Name you would like to take and why:
My Cat, Winston..because I cannot live without him.

Favorite feast day:
The Feast of Christ the King

Favorite food:
Sushi

Favorite animal:
My cat

The food you hate the most:
Asparagrus

Hardest part of your discernment:
I had an experience with a mean VD one time that seriously scared me.

Pray a lot. Stay close to Jesus, don't let anyone cause you to stray from Him becasue of the way you are treated. Don't assume all religious are good honest and perfect.

Edited by Laurentina1975

she_who_is_not

What is your favorite color? Orange, Pink, Turqoise
What covent or abby would you like to enter????? ]PCPA's
Favorite saint: St. Micheal, St. Therese, St. Joseph, St. Clare, St. Agnes
Devotions: Rosary
Name you would like to take and why: Sr. Mary Colette of the Holy Family...Colette is the patroness of people who have lost parents and I want to devote my life to pray for single parent families.
Favorite feast day: Corpus Christi
Favorite food: barbeque
Favorite animal: Cats, horses, goats
The food you hate the most: mayonaise
Hardest part of your discernment: letting go

[b]What is your favorite color?[/b]
Orange

[b]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b]
I want to join the Daughters of St. Paul!

[b]Favorite saint:[/b]
John Paul the Great---yeah, yeah, I know but I don't care. And St. Francis de Sales

[b]Devotions:[/b]
Adoration and Mass, Precious Blood, Holy Souls, Conversion of humanity

[b]Name you would like to take and why:[/b]

Sr. John Paul, because he inspires my faith, and I think I have him to thank for my vocation. For just being the greatest Catholic, the greatest servant of the Gospel I've ever known!

Sr. Francis Madonna, for St. Francis de Sales, because of his gentleness in bringing people home to the Church, his emphasis on devotion in the "little" things, and alot of stuff, and Our Lady, the original Madonna, the Mother of my God!

[b]Favorite feast day:[/b]
Feast of Corpus Christi

[b]Favorite food:[/b]
Pasta---every kind of Pasta

[b]Favorite animal:[/b]
hmm... pandas

[b]The food you hate the most:[/b]
gravy and anything like gravy

[b]Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]
wondering if I'm doing what He really wants me to do, or what I want to do

[b]Anything you like to add?[/b]
Go to Confession and Adoration and Mass! All you holy men and women, pray for us! Pray for our Church, and that all may find grace in it!

Edited by zunshynn

• 5 years later...
OnlySunshine

[i] Royal Purple[/i]

[b]What convent or abbey would you like to enter?????[/b]
[i]If I could enter any convent, it would be the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, but it is not God's will, so I am discerning with the Religious Sisters of Mercy in Alma, MI and I just contacted the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word earlier today. ;)[/i]

[i]St. Catherine of Siena! I adore her because of her passion for Jesus.[/i]

[i]I am consecrated to Our Lady Immaculate under the prayer of St. Kolbe. I love Mama Mary so much![/i]

[b]
Name you would like to take and why:[/b]
[i]If I ever get to enter religious life (God-willing), I would love to take the name of Sr. Mary Catherine of the Immaculate (or the Blessed Sacrament).[/i]

[b]Favorite feast days:[/b]
[i]My absolute favorite feast days (besides Christmas and Easter) are the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25th) and the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (December 8th). I love renewing my consecration to the Immaculate on her feast day!
[/i]
[b]
Favorite food:[/b]
[i]I LOVE rotisserie chicken (any good roasted chicken and I'm game). It's delectable with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and a flaky biscuit. :drool:[/i]

[i]I'm a sucker for wildlife and if I don't become a Sister, I plan to become a wildlife biologist/zoologist specializing in the study of African big cats (lions, leopards, and cheetahs). My dog, Lucy, is my very favorite animal. :)[/i]

[i]Anything squishy is disgusting like mushrooms (excluding portobello and cremini mushrooms), cooked zucchini and squash, ocra, and squid. I also cannot stand cilantro. BLECH!
[/i]
[b]
Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]
[i]I think the most difficult part is when I had to deal with the idea that several religious orders are not accommodating of people with depression, like me. I stopped discerning for about 8 months until I discovered there was hope yet and I was convinced by the Holy Spirit to discern further.[/i]

[b]Anything you like to add?[/b]
[i]I hope people don't mind if I resurrect this old thread. I was doing a search for a religious order I'm interested in and came across this thread and I thought it looked like fun. :)[/i]

[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]What is your favorite color?[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Purple[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]
What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]Dominicans Sisters of Mission San Jose, DSMME's or Adrian Dominicans

[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]Favorite saint:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]I don't really have one. I have a thing for St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Catherine of Sienna

[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]Devotions:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]I have yet to find one I really connect to[/size][/font][/color]
Name you would like to take and why:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]Sr. Thomas Aquinas because I love his works and his parents disapproved of him entering religious life

[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][b]Favorite feast day:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Don't have one[/size][/font][/color]
Favorite food:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Fajitas and queso[/size][/font][/color]
Favorite animal:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Dog[/size][/font][/color]
The food you hate the most:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Beans[/size][/font][/color]
Hardest part of your discernment:[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]I want my pretty white habit and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/font][/color]
Anything you like to add? [/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]I know, I'm odd since I don't have a favorite saint or devotion, but oh well[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by emilier98

TeresaBenedicta

Wow, talk about an old thread!! Oh well, these can be fun to resurrect!

I feel so boring when it comes to these types of questions. I've never given it much thought. I'm mostly indifferent. If pressed, I suppose I'd say blue. But, eh.

[b]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b]

I am looking forward to entering the SSVMs once my student loans are paid off.

St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Teresa of Avila, Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, St. Dominic Savio...

Hm. I don't consistently participate in particular devotions. Unless daily Mass, frequent confession, and the LOTH count. I pray the rosary fairly often and I every once in a while I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

[b]Name you would like to take and why:[/b]

Sr. Mary, Mater Charitos which is Greek for Mary, Mother of Grace. There's a huge theological reasoning behind this name, but let's just say here that I am particularly devoted to Our Lady under this title.

[b]Favorite feast day:[/b]

The Annunciation

Enchiladas!!

Er... I don't know.

Spaghetti. Ick.

[b]Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]

I spent a lot of time what I thought was trying to figure out whether or not I was called... but in reality, I was struggling saying 'yes' to that call... it just took me a while to realize it.

Now it's the waiting. Waiting to enter.

[b]Anything you like to add? [/b]
Romans 8:22

[b]What is your favorite color?

[/b]Yellow! Sunshine, sunflowers, bees!
[b]
What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b]

Possible the Ann Arbor Domincans, maybe the Carmelite DCJ's- still discerning, and open to wherever the Lord leads me (which could be something completely different)

St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Thomas Aquinas

Like TB, I don't have any regular devotions. But mass, adoration, and Liturgy of the Hours for sure. I do love to pray the rosary... oooh, did you know that if you are on an airplane and the pilot says "we are beginning our initial descent into X city", it's the perfect amount of time to say a rosary!
[b]
Name you would like to take and why:[/b]

Hm, I think I give different answers every time someone asks this on a phorum. I keep reading vocation stories and being like "What a beautiful name" Maybe Sr. Eucharistia - I just read that in the news article about the FI sisters. :love: But I am going to wait and see what God has picked out for me :)
[b]
Favorite feast day:[/b]

Hard one. Favorite Mass of the whole year- Holy Thursday. Saints' Feast Day? I love the Dominican ones where it's optional to celebrate everywhere else, but we have Dominican priests on campus so we always celebrate them, because the last few years have been the first time I've heard many of them.

Chocolate. Pasta. Not together.

Honeybees!

Caramel.
[b]
Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]
Saying "God, if you ask me to, I'll go (and start discerning)". Then, saying "wherever You lead, I'll follow". It's been a struggle to abandon my will for His alone.
[b]
Anything you like to add? [/b]
I always imagined having an amazing man sweep me off my feet, marry me, and have a huge Catholic family. It's still happening. Just in a more intimate way than I ever could have imagined.

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13

oh, and amazing translation of Tantum Ergo that I find so beautiful. It makes the latin words stick for me.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IuAhZ7PCBY[/media]