An Old School Catholic Message Board

?!

brendan1104

memtherose got this from sr. marjorie's younger sis...
she posted it in the prayer room.
so storm heaven with prayer!

[quote] Wow... Sr.Marjorie might be coming home. I shouldn't even be posting that, because it's not for sure and even if it is, she wouldn't be coming home for like 6 months anyway. Sr.Marjorie is chronically ill. She has a illness called Flat Back Syndrome. When we take deep breaths our rib cage expands a lot, Marjories however does not. So this causes alot of pain. She also often gets cancer sores in her throat and has terrible heart burn and chest pains very frequently.  The sisters in her communtiy have had to take her to the doctor quite a few times now. Marjorie was supposed to get her habit this month however, they are waiting 6 months to see if she gets better. If Marjorie does not get better she will become a burden to the community and they can no longer have her there.   You cannot "cure" flat back syndrom... So from what I understand, I don't think she can join an order enless the community is willing to deal with her medical problems. She needs medicine, and has to have reg. check ups and such. It is so sad to hear she might not be able to stay. I know she was looking forward to becoming a Novice. It must be rough to be told you have to wait 6 more months, and when that 6 months comes she might be on her way out anyway.  Please keep my sister in your prayers. All I wish is for her to be happy.   [/quote]

Edited by brendan1104

[url="http://www.xanga.com/ldominican"]Here is the link to the sisters' xanga. They have some lovely pictures of Sr. Marjorie (and Karin!).[/url]

[quote name='the_rev' date='Dec 10 2005, 09:20 PM']who was sr. marjorie on pm?  Was it Jgirl?
[right][snapback]820055[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Nope, Chorusgirl

Mother Angelica had a lot of health problems when she entered the convent. It was especially hard for her, because nuns had to kneel all the time back then, and it was torture for her to kneel.