An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why?

the_rev

Beside the fact of God calling an individual what are other reasons why young people are responding to the radical calling of serving Christ as a priest, religious or consecrated?

What makes you want to give everything to HIM!

I'm writing an article about vocations for a website and would like some impute.

What man could be a better husband?

It's humbling.... I'm so undeserving of the consecrated life... and I live in a society that encourages me to be selfish. But the consecrated life... I am humbled by the fact that I am nothing. He is offering me a truth that I long for, that no one else has the guts to be honest about...

God called me to him through a movie, and through the media in general, when my passion for the media was keeping me hostile to him. He bowled me over with grace when I was completely antagonistic to the mere idea of God. I have to use my gifts to show God to others... I have lost time to make up for! :D

Guest Rick777

I tried to come up with an answer but it seems impossible! The only reason that I'm considering serving Christ as a religious is because I think its His will!

Um, I don't know. But when you fall in love with the Creator and King of the Universe..................what else can you do? how can you respond to His great Love?!

Just posting my thoughts here for now since I need to write my article for a website soon.

Jesus is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings....

I think it is basically an in-built desire, which comes from being chosen by Christ. Men become priests, and women nuns, because they are attracted to it. The thought of becoming a priest or a nun brings them joy. Everything else comes after that.

heyyoimjohnny

I love my Church so much and feel like I have so much that God's given me, so I feel like He's asking me to give it back through the priesthood.

Plus, you see people like JPII, and it's just inspiring.

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 15 2005, 04:21 AM']I think it is basically an in-built desire, which comes from being chosen by Christ. Men become priests, and women nuns, because they are attracted to it. The thought of becoming a priest or a nun brings them joy. Everything else comes after that.
[right][snapback]825029[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think thats right. Some have been planted with this desire to utterly cling to God, in everything, and to serve His people..... its not to say that only they are doing it. But God gives them a special grace to accept His call, if they so choose.....

Just a thought, maybe incoherent :blush:

Edited by memtherose

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='memtherose' date='Dec 14 2005, 03:33 AM']Um, I don't know. But when you fall in love with the Creator and King of the Universe..................what else can you do? how can you respond to His great Love?!
[right][snapback]824741[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOVE!!!

Somehow i want to be an effective vessel to transmit God's love to mankind. I know it sounds weird, but to be an instrument to manifest God's love.

SHALOM

Guest Rick777

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Dec 14 2005, 11:57 AM']LOVE!!!

Somehow i want to be an effective vessel to transmit God's love to mankind.  I know it sounds weird, but to be an instrument to manifest God's love.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]825486[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

very nice.....