An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why?

the_rev

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

It makes sense that when the one who loves you more than anything says love me back, you would say yes.
people make all kinds of sarafices for things that don't matter as much. i've been asked to make one for the one who matters most of all.
i guess the question for me was why not?

Divine Mercy, the Eucharist, Our Lady (our Battle Queen)

but on the other hand, I know I am in no way worthy to stand before Him in such a way as I feel called. (yay for D.M.)

:pray:

[i]Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that if the Church had a body composed of different members, the most necessary and most noble of all could not be lacking to it, and so I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was BURNING WITH LOVE. I understood it was Love alone that made the Church's members act, that if Love ever became extinct, apostles would not preach the Gospel and martyrs would not shed their blood. I understood that LOVE COMPRISED ALL VOCATIONS, THAT LOVE WAS EVERYTHING, THAT IT EMBRACED ALL TIMES AND PLACES...IN A WORD, THAT IT WAS ETERNAL!
Then, in the excess of my delirious joy, I cried out, O Jesus, my Love...my vocation, at last I have found it...MY VOCATION IS LOVE.![/i]
[b]St. Therese of Lisieux[/b]

Thanks to the holy spirit, I believe many young people are being led like Saint Therese; by love and Charity. Why? I can only imagine it is because of God's great love for us, and his calling of us to serve him after a long period of great loss in the Church. As Pope John Paul II has said, a springtime is upon us, and the only explanation I see is love.

What a wonderful day to be Catholic. :lol:

I'm not not discerning a religious vocation but I stayed in a holiday inn express last night so I'll respond.

Clearly love of Christ and His church are primary in the vocation discernments that I have had/am having the pleasure to witness. Couple that with the way that society treats Christ and His church and people become defensive, like they would when any loved ones are poorly treated and abused. They see the pain and suffering and they want to do whatever they can to stop the abuse and to help. What more can anybody do then to become a religious?

I'll give an analogy. As a parent you learn quickly what it means when you hear your child crying based on the sound of the crying. On the one hand you have the 'I need attention but I'm not really hurt or scared' cry. Then there is the 'I'm REALLY hurt and I need help NOW' cry. This second cry is never ignored by a good parent.

I think that God is crying out to many of you with the second cry.

Thank you for not ignoring Him.

Edited by OLAM Dad

Thanks for all the information, since I'm on Christmas I'm going to write my free lance article and send it to like five different websites including, God spy, Cyber Cathoilcs, Catholic Exchange, and a few others.