An Old School Catholic Message Board

Orders that make ya giddy...

zunshynn

The Daughters of St. Paul make me giddy....

I SOOO want to meet them.

It's kinda funny... because last year I'd been looking for orders devoted to communications.... and then my pastor asked me to represent the teens on our parish planning team, and we used a program called Envision by the Paulist Fathers. ANd I thought it was so cool, but I was sad because it only had priests... and then I looked up the Paulistines and I was sad because when I didn't find any I figured there weren't any for women... But then I found the Paulines (duh, Jen) by a stroke of divine providence... I love how God does that...

you are aware that there are 2 or 3 blogs written by St.Paul sisters don't you? If you don't, please let me know and I will send websites to you! And good luck in your search. I once went to one of their bookstores in Philly, and it was a peacefilled oasis.
Alicemary

Orders that make me giddy:

Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus
Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart
Sisters of the Annunciation

(I love Carmelites :blush: )

[quote name='alicemary' date='Dec 14 2005, 02:43 PM']you are aware that there are 2 or 3 blogs written by St.Paul sisters don't you? If you don't, please let me know and I will send websites to you! And good luck in your search. I once went to one of their bookstores in Philly, and it was a peacefilled oasis.
Alicemary
[right][snapback]825708[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ooooh.... I just found them! So cool! Thanks so much!

I think they have a bookstore in San Francisco... I hope to go there soon.

Zabbazooey.... Carmelites rock like St. Peter!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

the mendicant friars: Franciscans, Dominicans, and Carmelites have made me giddy. However, it was really the Augustinian Frairs that i decided on. There was giddiness, but not more. And there still is giddiness.

SHALOM

Orders that make my "giddy"

Marians of the Immaculate Conception
Cannon Regulars of Pre Montre
Legion of Christ (at times)

However God calls me in the service of his people as a diocesean priest, but rest assure I will have a deep friendship with those orders.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Dec 14 2005, 07:38 PM']Ooooh.... I just found them! So cool! Thanks so much!

[right][snapback]825838[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
there is like 7 of them that have blogs!!! i was that way yrs ago unitl i really got to know them, and then my hopes about them faded away. I love the Sisters dearly but THEIR vd is too strict and can hold things against you for ever!!!!!!!!

okay the ones that make me all weird inside, are the FSGM sisters in ALTON, aka the MArytrs!!!!! the Dominicans Nuns in Lockport, I just love tlaking to them!!!!!!!! and i think thats it for now,. oh and too the DCJ Carmelites that Rahcel mentioned!!!!!!!!!

TheOliverOrder88

All orders make me "giddy" in some fashion.

I began to think of some and they have all gotten me "giddy" at some time or another.

Absolute Devotion in any form, in any particular way makes me "giddy".

Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

just got their newsletter in the mail yesterday and was glued to it till i looked at it front to back....now i've got to go back and read ALL the articles, not just the ones that popped out the first time

Philothea2000

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Dec 14 2005, 04:38 PM']Ooooh.... I just found them! So cool! Thanks so much!

[right][snapback]825838[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually they just closed the San Francisco bookstore, they are going to reopen in Redwood City sometime the beginning of 2006. (I think the cost of earthquake retrofitting of the building they had just got too expensive.)

photosynthesis

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:24 PM']there is like 7 of them that have blogs!!! i was that way yrs ago unitl i really got to know them, and then my hopes about them faded away. I love the Sisters dearly but THEIR  vd is too strict and can hold things against you for ever!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]826020[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I didn't think that way about their vocations director. She was really nice when I talked about her and she helped me figure out how God is working in my life.

I seriously discerned with them not last summer but the summer before. They have a bookstore in New York City that I used to go to all the time and I got to know those sisters quite well. They were full of such joy! I also love the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, the Sisters of Life and the Summit Dominicans :)

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Dec 15 2005, 11:17 AM']I didn't think that way about their vocations director.  She was really nice when I talked about her and she helped me figure out how God is working in my life.

I seriously discerned with them not last summer but the summer before.  They have a bookstore in New York City that I used to go to all the time and I got to know those sisters quite well.  They were full of such joy!  I also love the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, the Sisters of Life and the Summit Dominicans :)
[right][snapback]826754[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

r we talking about the same vd??? Sr. Margaret Michael??? i was in contact for a long time with Sr. Carmen Christi, what a sweet heart!!!! Then when Sr. margaret Michael came in, she hated me!!!! thought i was too young. made up so much to get me to believe her!!!! She wont talk to me to this day because she feels i'm a waste of time!!!! WHATEVER!!!!!