An Old School Catholic Message Board

I want to be a priest

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Prayer of self Offering To God

take, o Lord, and receive my entire liberty, and my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me. I surrdender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and your grace, with these i will be rich enough and will desire nothing more.

and

O Mary! Most humble Daughter of the Father, most pure Mother of the Son,
most faithful Spouse of the Holy Ghost, I venerate thee with profound humility.
Mother most merciful, secure Refuge and sweet Advocate of sinners!
I bow before thine Immaculate Heart, Tabernacle of the Most Holy Trinity,
Seat of Wisdom and Goodness; by thy hands I offer my heart to God, the Holy Ghost,
and with all humility, and all confidence, I implore that He grant me,
through thy merits, that which I hope to obtain from His Infinite Goodness. Amen.

[Name your request.]

Ora et Labora

haha

It is do cool being able to talk to someone my age about these things who is actually interested as well. My other friends dont really like to talk about it...there Catholic and all but they dont seem to lie to contemplate on the fact except when there at church...

there still great kids though.

Printed those two prayers off. Thanks sam.

I always try to think of things I can do for penance other then what the priest tells me to at confession. I'm going to recieve the sacrament of Reconciliation this weekend and it's been a long time since I recieved it last. My priest is in charge of 4 parishes and never has a set time to do it. But it's also my fault because I could have recieved the Sacrament if i really wanted to.

yeah it is cool. some of my friends are catholic. But they aren't orthodox. God knows my family isn't either.

[quote name='djc08' date='Dec 15 2005, 06:56 PM']Printed those two prayers off.  Thanks sam.

I always try to think of things I can do for penance other then what the priest tells me to at confession.  I'm going to recieve the sacrament of Reconciliation this weekend and it's been a long time since I recieved it last.  My priest is in charge of 4 parishes and never has a set time to do it.  But it's also my fault because I could have recieved the Sacrament if i really wanted to.
[right][snapback]827405[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

your welcome.

the priest ussally give me wimpy penance. the Monsignor gives me the same penance every time.

Do you own a bible?

Yes father

Pray psalm 100 for your penance

i try to go once a week.

The last time I went at NCYC the priest told me to where the sticker that said "I'm Forgiven" and to have a good time at NCYC.

NCYC was great fun and I did learn a lot but it was a little to un-Orthodox for me.

National Catholic Youth Conference. Kind of like a smaller version of WYD I guess but only in America. It was so sad that during the Mass in the Atanta, GA Super Dome mostly only kids from my parish knelt during the consecration. Everyone else sat.

Yeah and they had these girls that were "Liturgical Dancers" They were really good dancers, I'm not saying they weren't but I really don't think that that was necessary. They only danced during the Processional and the Recessional though.

Ora et Labora

lol yep, not aloud. at least here its not. NCYC is cool so ive heard. My friend went. he absolutely loved it!!

my friends are orthodox...thank goodness.